i got a little suprise

denn454

turbo swimmer
me and a few friends were going to do something a few weeks back, the first thing my friend always does when we decide to take my car is crawl underneth it to open the dump, the turbo is a mesmorising sound to him or something. so were going down the road not really paying any attention to anything, actually we just lined up next a fully riced honda, looked exactly like something from the fast and the furious, he didn't want to mess with me.

then we pull up to a light, and some infinity pulls up next to us, nice part of town, nothing unusual. untill we look over and see this supermodel looking blonde driving it. light turns green and i give it a little more throttle than was probably needed, and she takes off. i already got a little headstart, but only half throttle, so by time she was even with me my car was going. and she didnt' disapear like most cars do. by the time were doing 80 (in a 55, next to no traffic) shes still right there, dead even. then she turned before we could talk to her, i didn't get a chance to see the back of the car to say waht it is, but i THINK it was the g35, the one thats like a 350z.

pretty impressive car, untill you see the price tag i'm sure.

Actually G35'd are pretty affordable when compaired to other cars like you can get a nice one without the dumb **** (Nav. system example) for 35 grand.

A friend of my wife has a G35. I've never been in it, but he seems to enjoy it. ProCharger makes blower kits for them.

Later,

Steve.

Those cars run low 14s to high 13s depending on which model it is. Chances are it was an automatic but depending on if it was a coupe or whatever could still be pretty fast. I think a basic one starts around 30k. Not bad cars and I think they are one of the best looking new cars out there.

it was a manual, she fell behind just a little when it shifted, she knew how to drive. thats really not all that bad money wise, it lookes like it would be a very nice car, a friend of mine has an older infinit, g30 i think. its extremely nice inside, and semes to be a very good car. but it really suprised me that it was hanging right with me, granted i wasn't in any kind of kill mode, but still the air was cold and turbos love the cold air!

makes me want one.

It was Motor Trend's Car of the Year when it came out. Great car, decently fast (280? hp) and very affordable.

Originally posted by TommyV8
It was Motor Trend's Car of the Year when it came out. Great car, decently fast (280? hp) and very affordable.

The G35 is 280hp, and the 350Z is 287 hp. There are rumors of them soon having 300hp, but those are rumors, and I haven't heard anything in stone.

They are 14.0-14.3 stock. If you break into the 13's with these cars you are a master at shifting. They do not respond well to mods at all and they just got a new single turbo kit offered to them.

Watchout for the TT Z's. They can have upwards of 400hp. Mid 12's or so. The new single turbo kit is about 386hp.

Just got one for a customer in LA for $25,700. Not bad looking in the right color.

They are nice cars. Unfortunately most seem to think they have a race car when driving..LOL

I have ran down a few 350Zs and G35s with my Northstar powered 1998 STS.

Some guy though in a 350z was owned when I was in the Buick, using only half throttle. Poor guy, you should have seen his face.
I was running away not walking way from him.

I will say though that I believe Nissan has a good platform to work with, nice cars nonetheless. :)

I own an 04 350z and by no means is it a muscle car,,,it's a quick little sports car and thats all. It's fun to drive tho.

Why did Nissin call them 350. That almost treads on trademark infringement on an old fashioned car company out of Detroit called Chevrolet.

Originally posted by ThikStik
Why did Nissin call them 350. That almost treads on trademark infringement on an old fashioned car company out of Detroit called Chevrolet.

Hmmm, well they called it the 350Z because it has a 3.5 liter motor in it... same reason the 280Z was a 280, cuz it had a 2.8 liter engine in it, and the 240Z and the 240SX (cuz they both had 2.4 liter engines in them, thogh different ones) and the same reason the M45 and FX45 and Q45 are called the 45's, cuz they have Nissan/Infiniti's 4.5 liter v8- in them.

I'd like to see someone try and copyright a number. lol.

"I'm that age between 20 and 22!"

"What, 21?"

"Yeah, but I can't say it. General Motors owns the copyright."

Days start disappearing off calendars..lol

they are slick, and althought they look good, I wish they wouldn't make the new Skyline out of it(they need to keep them unique).

So Americans have become pussified and its redneck to display big cu. in numbers. So now we have "4.6s" or "5.o" while the Japanese do the opposite and derive a big sounding number from a litre. So my Gremlin is a 420 X .

So Americans have become pussified and its redneck to display big cu. in numbers. So now we have "4.6s" or "5.o" while the Japanese do the opposite and derive a big sounding number from a litre. So my Gremlin is a 420 X .

Yeah, its pussified to give your engine size in metric... like, lets say for instance you drove a car with a 3.8 liter engine, that waa, i dunno, lets say sequentially fuel injected, with a turbo.... it'd be pretty pussified to have it say 3.8 SFI turbo on it, wouldnt it :)

And i dont neccesarily think its redneck to talk in cubic inches... i dont go around saying my GS has a 7.6 liter engine, i say its got a 455. I figure whatever terminology you wanna use, thats just dandy. When im tlakin to folks who are used to metric, i use metric, when im tlkin to folks used to imperial/standard, i use that.

Originally posted by FlaBoy
Yeah, its pussified to give your engine size in metric... like, lets say for instance you drove a car with a 3.8 liter engine, that waa, i dunno, lets say sequentially fuel injected, with a turbo.... it'd be pretty pussified to have it say 3.8 SFI turbo on it, wouldnt it :)

And i dont neccesarily think its redneck to talk in cubic inches... i dont go around saying my GS has a 7.6 liter engine, i say its got a 455. I figure whatever terminology you wanna use, thats just dandy. When im tlakin to folks who are used to metric, i use metric, when im tlkin to folks used to imperial/standard, i use that.

But if ya wanna really blow their minds, tell them you got a switch pitch 400 turbohydramatic. I just let one of those in a 67 Riviera get away at the local pulaapart .

But if ya wanna really blow their minds, tell them you got a switch pitch 400 turbohydramatic. I just let one of those in a 67 Riviera get away at the local pulaapart .

Yeah, mine has the switch pitch tranny in it... when i first found out about that, and what exactly it was, i thought "damn, thats pretty f***ing ccol, why didnt anyone else think of that"... the idea of having a high stall TC for a hole shot, and then switching to a low stall for cruising seems prety smart... when i first got my skylark, the SP activation switch on the throttle linkage wasn't hooked up right, so it didnt really work. I ended up hooking up a momentary switch to a button my my B&M shifter knob. Was really kinda fun to play aorund with it. Especially when I'd show it off my my freinds who are f*rd or Mopar guys, they'd never heard of anything like that :)

Do you have a Postons conv? They have, I hope still, a SP conv that gives higher stall and lower stall. It was like 1000 and 3500..amazing. And 3 different ratings all with more spread of the stall.
SP was alot of technology just so the big torky land yachts would not creep at idle. That really was its main reason. Nobody knew it was there, and when it was quietly dropped, no one knew it then either. Ive heard it gives an easy half a tenth in the quarter, and of course better mph. So you 72 came with it?

No, the 72 motor i only put in after the oil pump went out on the original one and took out every bearing in the motor with it... many thanks to the geniuses at buick who decided to combine the oil pump, water pump, and timing cover all into one monstrosity. I dont know if the trans in the car was original, but when i bought it, it had the switch pitch tranny.... was totally disconnected, i didnt even know about it until it came time to rebuild the tranny and the guy i know at the transmission place told me what i had... i did a little research on v8buicks.com and ended up hooking it up to my shifter instead of the stock-type 3 position throttle linkage switch