I have a story you will never believe

Mike, That story is so crazy, I read it all strait through cause I couldn't stop. I haven't been to involved in my 2 Buicks the last few years because life gets busy sometimes but your story has lit a fire in me and now I need them back in my life and on the street where they belong.

On another note, Now I have to sell you out over at TOW411.net for overloading your flatbed! LoL!:biggrin: You do know who I'am don't you?:D

Well I don't know if I ever met you in person, But I do know you tow cars too. As for my story It's a good as it get's I think. Thanks for checking it out. I think the whole world need's to read it so more people might care about others.

I run my Tow company the same way. Someone need's a hand. I help. Someone needs time to pay. I give it to them. I told my wife. If we go broke helping people, so be it. I want to be known as the Tow company who treats you like family.

And on the over loaded flatbed part. I really don't care what those guy's over there think. I know what I am capable of. I know what my equipment can do. I know whats safe and how to do my job safely... I have been towin cars more than 24yrs and "knock on wood" Have NEVER had a major incident... I've had cable break, I've had chain snap, Yeah I have done some thing's that my truck's shouldn't be able to do. But hey when you are out on the road you just gotta get it done. The cop's ain't waitin for you to whip out your little calculator to determine the load you are putting on your cable.

Clear the road..... :biggrin:

Nice to meet ya... :)

Mike, We have not met in person, but I'm looking forward to it. What you have done and are doing is amazing and it will all come back to you in a positive way throughout the years.

Oh, and about the towing,I was just kidding around. Believe me, I've done much worse than that.

Mike, We have not met in person, but I'm looking forward to it. What you have done and are doing is amazing and it will all come back to you in a positive way throughout the years.

Oh, and about the towing,I was just kidding around. Believe me, I've done much worse than that.

Thanks
Me too......... as for work. I just do it.

WOW! I could not stop reading every single word of this thread it was so interesting. You sir are a saint and a wonderfull person to have done what you did for Mr.Simmerz and you deserve everything he gives you or does for you. My wife gets pissed time after time when I help people out or I just give products away to friends or even people Iv'e never met before but I seem to have the same philosophy as you when it comes to that sort of thing.

I agree with someone else that posted this earlier, You need to get Mr. Simmerz out in the car and have a bunch of pictures taken with him standing by the drivers side of the car and have the best one framed for him to put in his room. I was hoping I wasn't going to read that he passed away there when he went to the hospital, MAN that would have sucked!

I recently met a wondefull man by the name of Bob who has a Grand National since the day he bought it off the show room floor in 1986 and it's been his daily driver ever since and now has 328,000 miles on it and the only thing that he has replaced was the "Water pump". :eek:

Last week I was competing in an event and we were at our local dragstrip and Bob was there in his GN and I came back down the return road and all of a sudden I see this GN pulling into the burn out box...It's Bob! He lined up with a 69 Camaro and this was the first time it's ever been to the track in all these years!!! When he returned I said to him " Bob what in the world are you doing you little sneak"? He laughed and said "That was fun"!!! He is going to the GS Nats with us and he is driving his car there and we are displaying it in our booth for everyone to ask him questions about his car. He is tickled to death...

Please keep everyone posted on Mr. Simmerz health and recovery and please let us know if he gets those bonds taken care of and he gets whats coming to him. Would be cool to take him out to buy something Crazy like a Ferrari or something to enjoy... :biggrin:

Scot W.

YOU GO BOB.... :)

Thanks for the kind words. I am still not sure about the bond's. I try to stay out of that part of his life. I just try to be the guy he is happy to see every day. I am letting his sister handle all of the medical, bank, investment details. I just take care of the car, hang out with him, and make sure he has whatever it is he wants or needs.

We were talking about pictures yesterday and as soon as he is well enough to get out with me for more than an hour or so we are going down to do just that...

I would really like to get him out to some of the big buick gatherings next year. He is as excited as I am....

The boys at GN Northwest cleaning the crap out of the tank...... Installing Fuel pump and hotwire kit.... Thank's guy's

dan2.jpg

A grocery bag full of U.S. Savings bond's, another full of bond's from the I-90 Floating bridge in 1962 I believe. $5000.00ea that come due in 2011 over a hundred of them.

Hi There !

Great story ! Looks like it happenned to guy who really deserved it !

FYI...Bonds typically never loose thier "cash value". The date shown on the face of the bond is the date upon which the bond stops accruing interest...it's still worth the money invested + interest earned up to the maturity date.

Assuming a 2% interest rate, the inital bond value of $500,000.00 (100 x $5000.00) could be worth well over $1,000,000.00 next year !

Ciao !

So I have been putting some stuff together for car gatherings we will be doing next year. The old guy is really getting a kick out of what I can come up with. We have been having some great visits. He is really into the whole "How to make your car faster thing" We have come to the realization that if we want to race em we are gonna need one to race. He says maybe we should be looking for a 2nd car to race.... Funny guy. Here is some stuff I have put together for this car.
Reproduction window sticker and original copy of the GM to Dealer invoice.
windowsticker.jpg

Original invoice from the dealer to buyer, original 1st registration, Original odometer disclosure. vehicle with 15miles on it the day he picked it up.
invoicerevord.jpg

Jason from GN Northwest gave us this Fact or Fiction car for our collection. The old boy just loves this.
factorfiction.jpg

And here is what I found at Gn Northwest on Friday while I was there. Man ya gotta love these cars. Our's is nearest to the camera...... The guy's have done so much work I am forever greatful...
574691305_2040183440_0.jpg

Maybe I will get to drive it soon.

Hey there,

Followed a link from SoCal3 to this thread. Actually was an existing member on this site since along with my Mitsubishi's I also owned an 84 Regal a few years back. Just want to say that this is an amazing story and I really hope everything goes well and I hope Mr. S gets better soon! You really are a great guy. Congrats!

Hey there,

Followed a link from SoCal3 to this thread. Actually was an existing member on this site since along with my Mitsubishi's I also owned an 84 Regal a few years back. Just want to say that this is an amazing story and I really hope everything goes well and I hope Mr. S gets better soon! You really are a great guy. Congrats!

Thank You
Mr. S is doing much better. But wounds of this type can take a long time to heal. He really wants to go home but doesn't want a nurse there with him. so he has come to the conclusion that he will have to stay till he is well enough to take care of himself.

I go see him everyday. just waiting for all the stars to align so I can get him out and about for a few hours. .

So last night Guy my pal at the shop pulled the ign. switch. They all think that the column is done for. I have another friend who says the thing can be removed and rebuild. so at the moment I am not sure where to go from here. But now we can atleast get the ignition to turn on. Which we have not done with power so as not to suck old fuel into the fuel pump and injectors...

538842581_1905594627_0.jpg

538842339_1905593727_0.jpg

So I spent a few hours with the car today. I asked the guy's where I should start due to the fact they have cars on all of the lifts. I wanted to do something. But like I said I'm no mechanic so I has to be simple tasks that if I screw up I don't cost us any money... They were all laughing at me... But all in good fun.

So I started by jacking up the rear of the car and getting the drums off. Brakes are about 75% life left. The springs still have paint on them.. inside the drums. I'm not sure what signifigance this is but it sure made the boys happy. Here is one shot. I thought I took a pic after we cleand them with brake clean but it's not on my phone. crap..... Wheel cyl show no sign of leakage. yet.

538841827_1905591813_0.jpg

I checked the rearend lube and man it was like brand new. No water or dirt. Clear as honey.. That made me smile because I know what that means. We spun the drivers side axle and they both turned the same way. Not sure again but they smiled... posi I have to believe.. You guys have to pardon me for not being too car smart. I am a motorcycle guy and dont really know much but I guess ima gonna learn.. This is so much fun for me..

U-Joints looked good too.

Got it off the jackstands in the rear and moved to the front.

538841284_1905589769_0.jpg

Going to check the front brakes and bearings, All of the steering linkage.
Everything looks like new up there minus the surface rust on EVERYTHING
Front brakes are at about 70% life. Bearings are tight and well greased.

538839245_1905582098_0.jpg

538840168_1905585598_0.jpg

So we put a dolly under the front so we can roll it around while the column is apart. Tomorrow hoefully they will have a free lift so I can get the fuel tank out and drained.. Anything I need to do with it? I hope it isn't rusty in there... I just want to make sure we dont miss anything. I would love to have this actually running next week.... I can't believe this has happend to me.. :)

Thanks you guys for showing so much interest in this little community service project..... Mr Simmermacher thinks July 4th would be a great day to enjoy his new found freedom and friendship.... Me too

Talk about idiots! They punched the wrong side of the column. What did they think they would find there? Good for you they didnt know the "Chicago Pop". :)

Amazing what a little moisture will do to these things. 17yrs of sitting wasn't good for a lot of things I guess. wheel cyl, pinion seal, Exhaust.

holes1.jpg

holes2.jpg

Amazing what a little moisture will do to these things. 17yrs of sitting wasn't good for a lot of things I guess. wheel cyl, pinion seal, Exhaust.

holes1.jpg

holes2.jpg
Shheeeooooot! That there mooflar can be reepaired! Getya sum duba D 40 and you guna neid sum dok tape an sum jay bee weeld. NASCAR fast I tells ya! If eets loud, eets fast!

Shheeeooooot! That there mooflar can be reepaired! Getya sum duba D 40 and you guna neid sum dok tape an sum jay bee weeld. NASCAR fast I tells ya! If eets loud, eets fast!

Thats EXACTLY what my wife said... hehehehe:biggrin:

Dan at GN Northwest calls this morning and say's "your car is done wanna take it out in the sunshine today?" Well H E L L yeah I do. See ya in a bit. When we got there two of my other favorite people were there to greet my wife and I also. Cheryl and Jason. All of them just wanted to be sure we got out to enjoy the car before the rains come for good. So we took it out for a little drive and boy sooooooo much smoother. A little quicker on the get go. No noise from the exhaust except exhaust. Great sounding system too I gotta say. I have to have Dan or Jason come here and tell us all of the upgrades and tuning they did. Cause I am really not sure. But It made a world of difference. Looks like we have just a few more maint items to work on and It should be good to go. My beautiful wife took some pictures at the Edmond's Beach overlook of the car.. Here they are.
gnedmonds03.jpg

gnedmonds02.jpg

gnedmonds01.jpg

gnedmonds04.jpg

Photos by: Lisa McCoy