I have a story you will never believe

Wonderful

I got to tell you that I'm truly grateful to you for saving this lovely mans life. Imagine if you had never met. Where would he be! Thanks for being such a great inspiration.

I originally joined this great place to see if I should buy a 1984 GN. I was worried about all kinds of stuff that now I see don't really matter. It will be my pleasure to be an owner of a car that brought us all together.

Thanks
Mike

Thank You. It is a great thing I have recieved. Friendship is wonderful. He is like the best teacher you ever had in school. The person who made you think. our conversations last for hours. Those hours seem like seconds. I thank God for him.

Looking at the latest pictures, the car is just beautiful. Everyone involved has done a wonderful job and it looks clean and new. :smile:

About those exhaust pics, just think what it would've looked like having been on the car NOT sitting for all those years!! :eek: :tongue:

Yeah its a beautiful ride for sure. I have the biggest grin on my face every time I drive it. Just thinking about Mr. S and I out for our first car show or cruise together. I can't wait. As for the exhaust. Oh well its new now....

So I took the car out for a little ride today. I went to make my last payment on our business, American Towing is now all ours. PAID IN FULL.. woohooooooo.

I also stopped by and saw Mr. S. I took him 4 bags of candy for the little Halloween party they are having at the rehab center tomorrow.

Then we took our crew out for a nice dinner to celebrate.

What a Great day.......

Not sure if this has been said before.....you need to bring your buddy to a financial counselor or lawyer....and get one thing finalized....his will! And get a little something for yourself put in it. If he had no clue what to do with his bonds, then you know he doesn't have the rest of his financial house in order. Maybe I missed it but what did he do for a living? Car looks great btw.

Thanks guy's.

All of his things are in order. I don't want his money. I don't want anything from him or his family except their friendship.

I have all I could ever want, A GREAT family, The BEST friends, A job, A house to live in, Food on the table. My life is full.

Oh and he has an appointment tomorrow at the wound clinic to see when he can get the wound vac out. Talking about going home in the next week or so... I am not sure he is ready and I really worry about him taking care of himself. I guess we will see.

Thanks guy's.

All of his things are in order. I don't want his money. I don't want anything from him or his family except their friendship.

I have all I could ever want, A GREAT family, The BEST friends, A job, A house to live in, Food on the table. My life is full.

Oh and he has an appointment tomorrow at the wound clinic to see when he can get the wound vac out. Talking about going home in the next week or so... I am not sure he is ready and I really worry about him taking care of himself. I guess we will see.

This was exactly what I was expecting from you.:biggrin: It aint always about the money after all.:cool:

I have followed this from the beginning.
You are a lucky man!! And it has nothing to do with the car. You have not only made a friend but have probably lengthened his life by giving him something to live for. You are a true inspiration to us all.

Bravo

Bryan

Thanks guy's.

You need to look at reality. If he doesn't have a will, his money may go to the state, or whatever your state's laws are. If you don't want his money, that's fine. But I'm sure there are charities out there that do. You wanted to give his clothes to Salvation Army- why not his money? At least see to it that some goes to your local dog pound (I like dogs:biggrin:)

Thanks Charlie and Brian.

Rick,

He has a will. It is up to date, He will be leaving his money to his family. This is all handled. His sister is doing a great job making sure his affairs are in order. They come from old money, They know how this all works.

His sister got him on medicare, got all of the bills paid for the last few months. Takes him to the doctor, And makes sure he has what he needs. They were a pretty tight family before their father died, Which is what sent Mr. S over the edge. He knows now he has a second chance at being an uncle, Great uncle and brother to his family.

We are friends, We have a different relationship than the one he has with his family. He tells me the things he wont tell his family. We are like step brothers who really trust each other. I make sure he's happy.

Enough of that. I am going up to see him and see how the appointment went with the doctor this morning..... Have a great day everyone... :)

Thanks Charlie and Brian.

Rick,

He has a will. It is up to date, He will be leaving his money to his family. This is all handled. His sister is doing a great job making sure his affairs are in order. They come from old money, They know how this all works.

His sister got him on medicare, got all of the bills paid for the last few months. Takes him to the doctor, And makes sure he has what he needs. They were a pretty tight family before their father died, Which is what sent Mr. S over the edge. He knows now he has a second chance at being an uncle, Great uncle and brother to his family.

We are friends, We have a different relationship than the one he has with his family. He tells me the things he wont tell his family. We are like step brothers who really trust each other. I make sure he's happy.

Enough of that. I am going up to see him and see how the appointment went with the doctor this morning..... Have a great day everyone... :)

I've known a guy and his wife since I was 13. I'm now 51 and he is 83. He was a neighbor of mine when I was growing up. Reason we even met was because he had a collie and all the kids in the nieghborhood would visit the collie. We stayed in touch all these years. Took a cruise together, flew to Cleveland for a weekend, vacationed in Fla. several times together. He always gives advice regarding money, women, you name it. He knows I rarely follow his advice but he always gives more :biggrin: I moved 3 hours away from him about 25 years ago but I still see him every few months. He and his wife are getting older now. They live in a small condo, have more money than they will ever need. He is a retired high school teacher. Still has the first dollar he earned. He also is a big drinker....vodka on the rocks. 1/2 gallon bottles don't seem to stay around very long in his condo. Just thought I'd share.

You are a class act and the story is very heartwarming. Glad you guys found each other and have made such a profound impact on each others lives. Any word on the thieves and his old house?

Thanks Irv.......

The old house is cleaned out. boarded up..... DONE.. As for the thieves..... Gone POOF.... :)

Mr. S got the wound vac removed on tuesday.. yippppppieeeee. Now they will be keeping an eye on how the wound continues to heal. If the progress is about the same he may be going home soon.

They change the dressing in the hole in his back 3x a day now. Still leaking pretty good. Hope it heals up ok..

We had a great visit today.

...still reading, but had to post...I was in Carquest getting some wipers for my GN (on my first drive!) and another customer says I must be working on your car, got to talking about how you got it and I am pretty sure that is the car I saw the cops busting the people trying to steal it just north of Pecks on Beverly Ln at about 1am or so. Funny...I saw that car sitting in the carport riding bikes with my boy and thought I should look into it...it is looking good...back to reading your story...

...still reading, but had to post...I was in Carquest getting some wipers for my GN (on my first drive!) and another customer says I must be working on your car, got to talking about how you got it and I am pretty sure that is the car I saw the cops busting the people trying to steal it just north of Pecks on Beverly Ln at about 1am or so. Funny...I saw that car sitting in the carport riding bikes with my boy and thought I should look into it...it is looking good...back to reading your story...

That's just to funny. Looks like he beat you to it by accident.:biggrin: