I have a story you will never believe

Another of the right place right time deals for me today.... I get a call to go to our local Community health centers for a woman who locked her keys in the car.. I show up and get her insurance info and bam 30seconds Im in... Get the paperwork done and hop in the truck and start to drive off.

A lady runs out in the road waving me down in hysterics. I locked my keys in the car and my 8 day old baby is in the back seat crying.. Datadada.... Drive about 5 spots and hop out and wham its open and moms all smiles.. Huge thank yous and then the look :( How much is this going to cost me?

I said community service is what we are all about. I pull a few business cards from my back pocket and say this ones on us.. Have a great day.. :) The HUGE hug was a bonus... I love days like this.

A lady runs out in the road waving me down in hysterics. I locked my keys in the car and my 8 day old baby is in the back seat crying.. Datadada.... Drive about 5 spots and hop out and wham its open and moms all smiles.. Huge thank yous and then the look :( How much is this going to cost me? I said community service is what we are all about. I pull a few business cards from my back pocket and say this ones on us.. Have a great day.. :) The HUGE hug was a bonus... I love days like this.[/QUOTE said:
Car looks great, and moments like you share above are priceless!!
And I hope to get down to a car show down there sometime and meet you
I'm sure we'll have something to talk about... ;)

So how's Mr. S lately? Still talkin' to ya? You've been a blessing in his life and I'm sure he figured that out months back. What a change to the car, and your lives. It's rare to see anyone have such an opportunity as you got AND to do what's right with it. The GN looks brand new. Oh, and congratulations on winning the show.

He's actually pretty good, Thanks for asking.. He is going in for surgery on the 29th of August to remove a tumor on his kidney, Then after he gets all healed from that he will go in and have his hip replaced.. I picked him up the other day and we went out and got some things done, I have had one of my son's friends up at the old house taking care of the yard so he doesn't have to worry about it.

He is in good spirits and when he got in the truck he saw my Marlboros and picked up the pack and took a big wiff... He said Oooooooo Marlboro how I miss you.. hehehehehe He hasn't had a drink or smoke for more than a year.. He said I've pretty much givin up the hope of returning to either.. Yeeeaaahhhhhhhh...

Life is good... Thanks for the cudos on the car. I still can't believe I have one.. I still don't think I deserve one. I am torn sometimes. I just want to drive it over there hand him the title and key's, give him a big hug and let him know how happy I am he let me help him with it.. But he doesn't drive. Otherwise I probably would have by now..

I will let you guys know how the 29th goes and update thru the rest of this crazy ass story.. :)

How did the hip replacement go?

D

They are going to hold off on the hip, They found a tumor on his kidney, He won't tell me if it's cancer, He says they don't know.. B.S. Anyway they are gonna remove it. then we will go from there.. Hope he does ok.

How dare you allow him to see those smokes! :lol: I remember when I craved another... Glad he's still hangin' in there.

Yeah I know, Bad me..... Well I called this morning and we chatted for a while. He is going with me this weekend for our first time out in the car that didn't involve a doctors appointment. We will be going out Saturday night to the local cruise in. He is so excited.

He said he was going to get his black and grey clothes together so he fits the GN color combo... What a funny guy.. I am glad he is comming with me due to the fact that Monday is his surgery. It will be next summer before we can do it again...

I hope he actually comes with because he needs some time out of the house. and I need some time with him. We have been dealing with a bunch of stuff in our own lives and it hasn't left me much time to spend with him. But we are almost done with the purchase of our new house and finally have a second driver here so I get a little more time off..

LIFE IS GOOD..

Well as expected he didn't go with me Saturday night. But I expected that. He said he had way to much to do to prepare himself for mondays surgery. I didn't even go into it with him. I was bummed.

So yesterday he went in to have a tumor removed. It was inside his kidney so they just took the kidney. This way they didn't disturb it. The doc said he saw no signs it had spread anywhere else and thinks they may have just avoided a bullet. When all of this started they were doing tests to make sure he was ok to have his hip replaced. They ordered a CT scan of his insides to make sure the liver and kidneys were healthy enough to go thru a surgery. They found this golf ball size tumor. THANK GOD.

So we will find out by the end of next week if it is cancer. Pray not. If not he's all done. If so the doc figures out where to go from here.

Im gonna go up in a little bit and harass him... They should let him out sometime Wed.

Did/will he get out today? I'm a bit surprised they took the kidney w/o being certain it was cancer... I'm thinking they must've been sure because losing a kidney isn't the worst that can happen, but it isn't the best either. Hope all is well.

They are going to keep him till thursday now. I am sure they figured it was cancer but it was encapsulated in the kidney so they didn't want to do a biopsy and have it spread if indeed it was. We will know for sure sometime next week.. All I can ask for is he is still with us.. Thank God..

This story has been inspiring for sure. I truly believe God brings people together, sometimes for purposes we don't understand. In this case I think its pretty clear Mr S needed some help. I bet you took away some wisdom from his life experiences as well. I know I've learned lots about loving my fellow man and helping each other out more. I thank you for sharing this.

I don't have any extra parts to donate or any tremendous amounts of turbo buick wisdom to share but I can offer you both up some prayers. I will lift Mr S up in pray for his health issues and ask that Gods will be done. I will pray for strength for you and your family as you are helping and dealing with an ill friend. If there is anything else you would like prayer for, please feel free to PM me anything specific.

You have no idea how much wisdom I have gotten from this little adventure. I also have found some new outlook on life. The things that used to get me down no longer affect me like they used to. My life could be so much harder. I thank God every day for what he has given me. My family, My friends, My job, My new home, and just being able to be myself.

Mr S is home now and I hope he is doing ok, I tried to call today but no answer. I will try again tomorrow. Thank you so much for the prayers, Its amazing what having a little faith can do for us.

Mr.S is healing well according to the doctor. I have been over to see him a few times when he is feeling up to it. I bought a Kirbans 86-87 Turbo Buick Book a week ago and took it to him for some GN reading. He called me 3 days later and said he read the whole thing and just couldn't believe how much you could do to these cars and how much tech info was really in there.

He quoted off the production numbers and some other things that just made him think a little about what these cars really are. He said he knew it was special but never thought they would be so iconic... I love it when he gets excited..

So now he will be about 8 weeks from getting his hip done. If everything else goes well anyway. It would be so cool to have him walking around without the walker and the pain. This has been a long road for the old guy but his spirits are high and he has been sober for over a year and still not smoking..

I am proud to call him my friend..

He might decide he actually does want the car back if you keep letting him know it has value! Glad he's recovering...

Boy I hope he does.... How cool would that be for him to spend the rest of his life driving around in HIS car.. That would be awesome.. But I hope he would let me drive it once in a while.. hehehehehe

Well it looks as if our good luck has run out, Or maybe we are just going thru a new phase in our lives...

So I guess it's our turn for medical issues. Lisa My Wife, asked me to take her to the E.R Oct 26th. She has numbness on her right side, face chest arm, leg and foot. some pain in the back near her heart. I took her in to the doctors.

This started 7 or so weeks ago. She was working in the yard digging her new flower beds. She thought it may have been a pinched nerve in her back. We have no insurance, just bought our house and she didn't want to add to our financial burden... " wayyyy to much like me" We are learning now after the death of my friend Johnny with what we all thought was just a cold that we have to pay attention to the signs. Anyway, It didn't get better, That morning the pain in her chest and down her leg was pretty bad, She has now been scheduled for the second set of tests starting Friday.

EKG, Ultrasound of coroted artery, "or how ever you spell it" All came out good. M.R.I. Brain scan, was the 28th and showed 3 tumors on her brain, Two are pretty small but one deep down in the brain is 3cm and unknown if cancer.

We have our first appointments with the neuro surgeon and oncologist this week and we are just hoping for the best. I the last few days we have been preparing for the worst. All of her affairs are in order. We talked with the kid's and her family and ll of our friends.. We will fight, We will win. Faith and love will carry us through..

You all have been so awesome thru all of this with Simmerz that I couldn't ask for a better bunch to have on our side sending out your prayers and positive thoughts... Thank You all so much.

You and family will be in our thoughts and prayers, my friend!! Take care and God Bless!!