You can type here any text you want

I just don't understand........

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

.....why everyone who is a car enthusiast isn't standing in line to buy a TTA! It is one of the best looking cars GM has ever made IMO, and the darn things can be made to outrun just about anything on the street/or strip for not a lot of money....(comparitavely speaking). These cars have great brakes, susupension, motor....the list goes on, and on. There is one for sale here in Dallas right now....a doctors car with 40K miles for $11,500.:confused: I wish I had the money, I would go get a second one. It remains the best kept secret in the automobile world.

I just don't understand why these cars don't get it's props.

OPINIONS PLEASE!

:confused:

Shhhh... dont let the info out.. you may drive the prices up and I cant buy another low mile one to beat on.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
.....why everyone who is a car enthusiast isn't standing in line to buy a TTA! It is one of the best looking cars GM has ever made IMO, and the darn things can be made to outrun just about anything on the street/or strip for not a lot of money....(comparitavely speaking). These cars have great brakes, susupension, motor....the list goes on, and on. There is one for sale here in Dallas right now....a doctors car with 40K miles for $11,500.:confused: I wish I had the money, I would go get a second one. It remains the best kept secret in the automobile world.

OPINIONS PLEASE!

What is info on that car?

Originally posted by Captain Mark

OPINIONS PLEASE!

Boggles my mind too. It will happen though. Muscle car prices are heading into the statosphere again and that forces NORMAL ethusiasts to look places besides '69 Camaros, 'Cudas, Chevelles, etc.

Re: Re: I just don't understand........

Originally posted by krom
What is info on that car?

Don't have it in front of me. I saw it in the autotrader last week. I'll see if I can find it.

Mark,

The problem is, most folks don't know about the car. It was poorly marketed by GM and way over priced by dealers so the car didn't sell. I have been approached at car shows on several occasions by so called enthusiasts and had them tell me straight up, 'Pontiac never made this car! This is a kit car and you know it!' I even had a father and son stop at my house and ask me about my car saying they where big Trans Am fans and didn't know about this car until they saw it on one of those TV car mags about the Anniv editions of the Trans Am. Now, if someone makes a TV show or a movie that the star drives around in one, then you'll see prices sky rocket.

Originally posted by 89ICBM
Mark,

The problem is, most folks don't know about the car. It was poorly marketed by GM and way over priced by dealers so the car didn't sell. I have been approached at car shows on several occasions by so called enthusiasts and had them tell me straight up, 'Pontiac never made this car! This is a kit car and you know it!' I even had a father and son stop at my house and ask me about my car saying they where big Trans Am fans and didn't know about this car until they saw it on one of those TV car mags about the Anniv editions of the Trans Am. Now, if someone makes a TV show or a movie that the star drives around in one, then you'll see prices sky rocket.

I guess I'm just still amazed at how so called car enthusiasts, especially Pontiac people know nothing about this car. Buick guys know more about this car than Pontiac people. How could a true Pontiac fan not know about this car. It was the fastest thing Pontiac made. You think they would all be fighting over these things instead of the old GTO's. I've got a buddy with a super clean '70 GTO Judge. Ram air III motor. He barely runs 14's! I have another friend with a '66 GTO. He was running low 14's with the 389. He has spent a fortune on that car. New rear end, tranny, now he has had a new built 455 put int he car, and is finally in the high 12's. Both those guys watch my car in amazement.

"I just can't believe that car runs that fast, and it's a 6 cylinder"

Both these guys have money, and I tell them that these cars are available at a very low price, compared to what they paid for their slow cars. Maybe it is the Buick motor....like I said, I just don't get it.:confused:

Oh well, it's pretty fun having the only one to show up at the track. it's fun educating the public!:cool:

Problem with the Pontiac crowd is its not a Pontiac. Just like the new GTO isn't a Pontiac to them. Both are faster than any other offering of the make but it isn't considered one of the "true" breed since it doesn't have a Pontiac engine.

3rd gen F-Body fans don't like it because it doesn't have a V8 and it was a second faster in the 1/4.

4th gen F-Body owners don't seem to mind the car though. At least the ones I've hung out with. They really appreciate the car for what it can do.

Originally posted by RobR
Problem with the Pontiac crowd is its not a Pontiac. Just like the new GTO isn't a Pontiac to them. Both are faster than any other offering of the make but it isn't considered one of the "true" breed since it doesn't have a Pontiac engine.

3rd gen F-Body fans don't like it because it doesn't have a V8 and it was a second faster in the 1/4.

4th gen F-Body owners don't seem to mind the car though. At least the ones I've hung out with. They really appreciate the car for what it can do.

I agree with that. Come to think of it, most of the folks around here that really dig the car, drive newer Trans Ams and SS Camaros.

I can't tell you how many times at the track I've been asked "How much trouble was it to put that Grand National motor in your Firebird" I'm a smart@ss, so I typically reply, "I dunno, why don't you call up Pontiac and ask them 'cause I sure as SHlT didn't do it.":D

I've got a buddy with a super clean '70 GTO Judge. Ram air III motor. He barely runs 14's! I have another friend with a '66 GTO. He was running low 14's with the 389. He has spent a fortune on that car.
What's really sad is when a slightly modded Pontiac GTP (FWD, 6cyl, quite as a mouse, 4dr family car) goes up against those "Muscle Cars" and hangs with or beats them by a couple of cars:D
I'm a Buick man, and am new to having a Pontiac, should be interesting hearing comments on the TTA from other "Pontiac" guys, but then again I don't give 2 ****s what they think anyway since I still consider it sort of a Buick:D

... i think its funny too how such an amazing car thats been out for 15 years has remained such a secret. most people who have any knowledge of fast cars know what a GNX is....correct me if i'm wrong with production numbers but i believe there was less than 600 GNX cars made which would mean there were about 1000 more TTA's than GNX's but even alot of GNX fans dont know the TTA was ever made. i know one thing, people go nuts when they see it, regardless of it they know what it is or not. i drove past a car club that was meeting up in front of a bar in vallejo, all imports most of them turbo cars, spooled up and let the "mutant pigeon" sound out from under the hood.... i felt like a celebrity, you should have seen the looks on their faces and heard the "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH ****!!!!" as i drove off. haha its a cool feeling.

i can't believe these cars are even on the resale market. when i had mine shipped from florida i planned on keeping it stock, keeping the miles under 70k, and selling it in 2-3 years to make a down payment on my first house.... i drove the thing ONE TIME and decided its going nowhere, i'm in love. my friends couldn't believe i went from a V8 LT1 to a V6, but they REALLY couldn't believe it when i raced my buddy on his 01 yamaha R6 and stuck with him side by side lol.

11,500 sounds like a steal on that car in dallas somebody should swoop on that deal! happy driving/tuning TTA owners, i am proud to be in your company!!! take care drive safe.

Because in the end it's still just a third gen f-body with poor adhesehive and you need a good dental plan to ride in it :D

It's still the fastest f-body made in a large quantity(1969 ZL1 Camaros were supossedly faster) glad to see that nobody knows about them, less abuse means they'll be around for a while......

A TTA lacks the "BAD BOY" image

• The square black brick has that Bad Boy image. Same reason the Harley crowd trade their suits for the "Bad Boy" costumes they wear to ride....The Dark Side has its own draw.
  • Next to a 1970 LS6, a 57 Chevy, or a street rod or resto-rod, our cars lack the "Bad Boy" draw.
  • There are faster cars now, right off the showroom floor.
  • The TTA is stepchild to both the Buick and Pontiac crowds, and is not well known or understood ;)
It still performs at WOT though :cool:

If someone in Dallas could check it out I would consider buying it.
I think it is time for the Kennebell Stang to move on.

Originally posted by 89ICBM
Mark,

These are the same fools that give my buddy dirty looks and tell him his '69 Camaro Z-28 is nice except for the Ford 302 under the hood.:rolleyes: Unreal that these "car guys" don't know GM built a 302. That's what makes the Z a Z for crying out loud.

Anyway, I love the TTA's and have even thought about selling my GN to buy one or trading it for a TTA. Anybody want to swap?:D

Originally posted by gn1220
These are the same fools that give my buddy dirty looks and tell him his '69 Camaro Z-28 is nice except for the Ford 302 under the hood.:rolleyes: Unreal that these "car guys" don't know GM built a 302. That's what makes the Z a Z for crying out loud.

Anyway, I love the TTA's and have even thought about selling my GN to buy one or trading it for a TTA. Anybody want to swap?:D

Nope....sorry!:cool:
Mine's a keeper!

Originally posted by gn1220

haha reminds me of a time i was asking a guy if his 3gZ was a 5.0 or a 5.7 and he told me "what are u stupid its a camaro not a mustang why would it have a 5.0?"

...by the way, guess what he had.... hahahaha :rolleyes:

Back