You can type here any text you want

I like the stainless steel exhaust housing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Oh no! Then it will begin to turn gold and after that, pit! Then what? You have to take it off, clamp it in the vice, bust out the grinder, put the polishing wheels on it, rub on the rouge, and do this every winter!

But I don't have enough schit to do .So maybe I'll get 2 of these one day. :wacky:
You just get 4 extra housings polish them up and do the rotation.;)

Oh no! Then it will begin to turn gold and after that, pit! Then what? You have to take it off, clamp it in the vice, bust out the grinder, put the polishing wheels on it, rub on the rouge, and do this every winter!

But I don't have enough schit to do .So maybe I'll get 2 of these one day. :wacky:
WTH??

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Nice, so you think the compressor bell won't contact your FMIC's up pipe to the TB?

Let us know which DP you go with and test pipe that fits without any more fab work?

I'm modding my Poston headers to a wastegate and either T4 or VBand so all of this is great to see.

Nice, so you think the compressor bell won't contact your FMIC's up pipe to the TB?

Let us know which DP you go with and test pipe that fits without any more fab work?

I'm modding my Poston headers to a wastegate and either T4 or VBand so all of this is great to see.
No, What I mean is.....

If doing a custom set-up nearly in it's entirety, the v-band gives you more options to work with when you are playing around with configurations. But I don't think the addition of just a v-band can let you move things around and bolt stuff up and go. It's sort-of a helful tool for fabrication until you get things the way you like it.Then you still have to make up all the other stuff. Unfortunately, there is no easy way out.:)

I'm using a 1 inch spacer for the plenum . I'm using a GN 1 three and a half inch downpipe with external wastegate . I cut off the flange on the downpipe that wood bolt up to the stock 3 bolt exhaust housing. That's 3/4 thick and so is the vband
1fd1ccb9726759f2b2e0cd07ca67682c.jpg
I will run the rest of the external wastegate down to the header

Oops, I thought that question was directed to me.

Why does it look more polished in the first picture you posted? Was the full engine shot taken during fabrication and then you polished later?

My TA engine should be here next Monday I hope then I can drop the engine in and finish my external wastegate pipe to the header I want to do it while it's in the engine bay and the downpipe is bolted to the exhaust then I can work on the header where I want to install the tubing up to the wastegate . Then it's all off to get TIG welded and ceramic coated

Curious why you didn't go with the GN1 3.5" VBand DP vs chopping their other 3.5" flange off?
Looks like maybe the wastegate recirculating aspect was to your liking vs venting to atmosphere.

Curious why you didn't go with the GN1 3.5" VBand DP vs chopping their other 3.5" flange off?
Looks like maybe the wastegate recirculating aspect was to your liking vs venting to atmosphere.
I already had the 3.5 DP on my stroker 109 running a 6466 it's only when I decided to go with a stroker ta engine that I decided to go this route with the new exhaust housing and different turbo. I work in a machine and Fab shop so it was really no big deal to change it over to my liking

Makes sense, looks great, post back after you get it going and how well it spools, makes power and keeps solid boost levels. I'm most likely borrowing this idea as I can't stand the 3 bolt and wastegate aspect.

Makes sense, looks great, post back after you get it going and how well it spools, makes power and keeps solid boost levels. I'm most likely borrowing this idea as I can't stand the 3 bolt and wastegate aspect.
I'm just waiting for my headers they're being ceramic coated and I'll give you an update when I get it running hopefully soon

That's some more sexy man! What kind of catch-can / crank case ventilator is that? Never seen one quite like that before?? And did you paint the washer and alky tanks? Very clean under there for sure!! Very, very nice!!

Back