You can type here any text you want

I like the stainless steel exhaust housing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nat86

Okay I know when it gets hot it's going to turn gold . But I just wanted to show you guys how the stainless steel exhaust housing looks polished
b191ba25d60afa7705f4ea2f227ec69a.jpg
92e60a92ce18f3199d345e749e2dda02.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Hey forcefed3.8's were you able to find out how much back pressure the 6870 is with the 3 Bolt just curious

I didnt get my sensor wired, but I have some ams1000 numbers. With a 4 lbs spring, it made 15 psi with the ams at 16, 20 was 20, to get 29lbs, it took 40, and 32lbs took 45. My 4276 to make 32psi took like 36iirc. The car made the same power as the 4276, more on the lower boost, up to 20s, but I did add better heads, and .75 compression. It spools super fast.

Damn that looks sharp. I like the idea of the V band on there instead of 3/4 bolt!

Wow, awesome! Would converting to a v-bolt housing have a signficant improvement over a 3 or 4 bolt?

Wow, awesome! Would converting to a v-bolt housing have a signficant improvement over a 3 or 4 bolt?
I don't have any data to back that up only what Precision says they say it's Spools a lot faster with the new V band exhaust housing

I like this idea of going VBand vs 3 bolt and would like to see a pic when it's bolted up.
Imports have noticed a spool and power increase vs the T3 so it's gotta be a nice addition for us.

Curious how the turbo sits on the header and if you had any issues with getting the height the same?

I like this idea of going VBand vs 3 bolt and would like to see a pic when it's bolted up.
Imports have noticed a spool and power increase vs the T3 so it's gotta be a nice addition for us.

Curious how the turbo sits on the header and if you had any issues with getting the height the same?
e805b48e39c3843a7519d2b9eb5e4efe.jpg
have an engine in my shop more or less just a decoration piece .so I bolted up my ta headers that I welded the V band on and bolted her right up.the tubing on the header runs through the stock 3 bolt flange. So I took the weld out on the 3 bolt flange. pulled off the 3 bolt flange on the header .and flushed the new V band flange on the tubing on the header .

Love the Vband. Have on on another turbo car of mine. The only issue is after repeated installs of the turbo the threads were toast on the clamp. Switched to a Vibrant Vband clamp and the same thing is starting to happen after 5 take-offs. Not a problem if your a set it and forget it guy. If you like to tinker like I do its a pain in the ass.

Love the Vband. Have on on another turbo car of mine. The only issue is after repeated installs of the turbo the threads were toast on the clamp. Switched to a Vibrant Vband clamp and the same thing is starting to happen after 5 take-offs. Not a problem if your a set it and forget it guy. If you like to tinker like I do its a pain in the ass.
The T-bots alone are available from Summit. I just ordered 4 of them for my 2 down pipes and exhaust connections. I like to freshen them up. Don't use those provided "cutter" type lock nuts. Use a stainless stainless fine thread nut and double check them from time to time. Also, a little spray before removal helps.

On another note, If you customize or build your own headers so that the turbo v-flange is perfectly horizontally configured, it leaves 360 degrees of adjust ability when doing a custom turbo set-up. you could position the downpipe and compressor nozzle anywhere to accommodate your accessories. Works nicely if you are going for something out of the norm.

Id like to see how much that thing glows when its super hot.. probably like a lantern..

Id like to see how much that thing glows when its super hot.. probably like a lantern..
Oh no! Then it will begin to turn gold and after that, pit! Then what? You have to take it off, clamp it in the vice, bust out the grinder, put the polishing wheels on it, rub on the rouge, and do this every winter!

But I don't have enough schit to do .So maybe I'll get 2 of these one day. :wacky:

Back