You can type here any text you want

I lose.... MAN, I need more power!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
I get the smack 4 - 5 times by a Harley Edition Ford pickup.

Itching for some action I go out cruising around last night in my 87.
First off I tangle with a fox body 5.0 but we can't get a descent stretch, too much traffic.

Now fired up for sure, gotta find somebody. So I roll around for another 15 minutes and can't find a thing.
Finally, I pull up to a redlight and low and behold in front of me is a HD ford pickup. I noticed it is dropped and has an aftermarket exhaust but, he does not notice me until I drop the hammer and shoot by him and as I pass he stabs it I hear the blower start screaming.
Now tables are turn and I am in front and he is behind and he pulled up close on my bumper.
I watch the other lights turn and power brake it a little. Green light goes and I leave laying rubber and jumped out about a car and pulling then this car pulls right out in front of me, so I stab the brakes and the ford shoots by me before I could even look in my mirror. I get around the idiot and catch up. Now behind him again at another light he kicks it and leaves, jumps out about a car then traffic clogs again and I lift.
By this point I am very determined, So I catch up now we have a chance to go from a roll and he slows so I ease up to his door and he stabs it and I follow. He starts easing away.
Then we do this 2 more times and we never go from exact sideby side he always nails it when I get around his door, but hey it is the street.
I never could get him, did not have enough power.
That sucks gotta get this thing finshed up. Turbo IC and downpipe should be enough then.

geez dude i didnt think a harley f-150 was fast at all! maybe it was a lightning with harley stickers!?!?!?! time for mods.

My understanding is that all the last few years of the HD trucks have the lightning motor. I want to say the last 2-3 yrs have them.
I beleive this was the same guy that I saw over at the speed shop on the dyno I did not get the HP/Tq rating but, the guy that worked there said the truck had pulleys, chip, exhaust, intake, maybe NOS. I remember him saying it was worked pretty good.
That is if it was the same truck.

Either way I know for a fact the Lightning does not play.

I just wish we could have lined up side by side from a dead stop.

Ohh well. :D :D :D :D

I saw a HD F-150 at E-town a few months ago running 13.9's.
Those trucks have the L motor in them, and with a few tweaks, I'm sure you could get one easily into the low-13's.
S.

Sounds like you need to slap an alky kit on there and a nice 100 chip. you'll pick up about a second in the quarter.

Only the 2003 HD trucks have the supercharged lightning motor that is toned down just a bit, so they say. :rolleyes: It is rated at 360HP while the Lighning is rated at 390HP.

from what i understand, lightning dont have knock sensors in them, so when thereally start putting the squeeze to 'em, they blow. but my info could be totally wrong...

-jeff

The 2002 & 2003 Harley F150's both have the Lightning motor with supercharger. They are detuned to 345 HP but can be brought back up with a chip and pulley. Of course you have more weight with the crew cab and the center of gravity is different with the longer truck. Kenne Bell makes a pro-charger that really wakes them up.

Back