You can type here any text you want

I may sell it!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rb68rr

Let's retrace my problems:
Sept. 2002- Car is running great!
December 2002- New valve springs.
January 7th 2003- Getting knock in 3rd gear at 15psi of boost!
January 12th 2003- Timing chain failure! Have replaced.
February 8th 2003- Hear a knock in the motor!
February 12th- Have to replace rod and main bearings! Drive the car very gingerly for over a month without any wot blasts. First time I do go wot the car shook so violently it almost blurred my vision!!! Plastic intercooler fan lost all but one of the blades! Replaced damaged intercooler and intercooler fan. One week later intercooler fan explodes again! This time I just leave it off!
May 2003- Still getting knock at 14psi of boost!
The car has not run right since the timing chain replacement back in January of 2003! Now, anything over 10psi of boost and it starts popping and cutting out!!
Have replaced with new parts or swapped out with known good parts these parts:
Turbo, injectors, coil pack, ignition module, transator and lt-1 maf, crank sensor, intercooler, tps, iac, plugs and wires, knock sensor, rocker arm, set cam sensor, also unplugged cam sensor while running with no change!!
It's been over a year since the car has run right and I've just about had it!!!!!!
That's one year and about $4000.00!!!!
Thanks for giving me a place to BITCH!!!
R.B.

Yup, now go bring it to someone who knows WTF they're doin. Sorry but it's not the cars fault. I've bitched before too and it doesn't get you anywhere! Either bring it somewhere that works on em or get out there and find the problem yourself. You sell her and your a quitter.................BOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo:mad:

:D We all need a boot in the a$$ sometimes. I've been kicked more than once. Got through it though.

Well..... I can see your frustration. You say all your current problems started with the timing chain install and the rebuild, at least I take it you rebuilt the motor and didn't just replace the bearings. 1st problem you encountered was the intercooler fans self destructing. This problem needs to be addressed by more than just leaving the blade off. You need to go back and double check that you did the timing chain install correctly and that you got the balancer and everything back on correctly. Figure out why your tearing up those fans. That seems to be the thing that should stick out in this. Get that figured out and check back. Good luck.

A Buick dealership did the timing chain and bearings. They also had the crank turned .010. What could they have possibly done to create that kind of vibration that would tear up two fans? And why did the vibration just go away? Can't fiqure out what this would have to do with the missing and popping at anything over 10psi. of boost. Thanks, R.B.

I agree with valve check and also would suspect pushrods. Hang in , your probably close. btw-what rpm was motor when timing set went out?

The vibration is what bothers me most. There's something very wrong deep down inside that motor!! If it were me, I'd bite the bullit, pull the motor and tear it completely down to "parade rest"!

Or, could the intercooler fan have been damaged (missing a blade) and you didn't realize it until it exploded? Think that was your vibration?

Wonder if they got the crank and cam timed properly?

Sounds like most of your problems started after that Buick dealership got their hands on it.

The car holds 17psi of vacuum at idle just like always. If it were a valve or pushrod wouldn't it run bad all through the rpm range? The car runs geat except at wot!
Turbo Dave, would you please explain about the timing between the crank and cam? I do remember calling the dealership the day I was going to pick it up and they said they were having trouble getting it started!! Hmmmmn! BTW, the first fan could have had some blades missing and I didn't notice it, but I did put the second one on myself and it came apart in a week! Also, the car was idleing when the timing chain went out. Thanks for the help, R.B.

Get the car back to the dealer that did the repairs. They obviously screwed something up if you got the car back and its running like crap and destroying fans. Take them to task on it and stop messing with it yourself.

Originally posted by rb68rr
The car holds 17psi of vacuum at idle just like always. If it were a valve or pushrod wouldn't it run bad all through the rpm range? The car runs geat except at wot!
Turbo Dave, would you please explain about the timing between the crank and cam? I do remember calling the dealership the day I was going to pick it up and they said they were having trouble getting it started!! Hmmmmn! BTW, the first fan could have had some blades missing and I didn't notice it, but I did put the second one on myself and it came apart in a week! Also, the car was idleing when the timing chain went out. Thanks for the help, R.B.

By the timing remarks I was wondering if they got the crank and cam sprockets properly aligned while installing the chain.

It also sounds VERY MUCH like they didn't get the cam sensor properly set. Your comment about them having trouble getting it started, and running crumby at WOT are huge clues to that.

So even though we've reset the cam sensor every thing can still be screwed up from a bad timing chain installation? The car starts and runs perfectly under normal driving conditions until you reach about 10 psi of boost. Even unplugging the cam sensor the problem is still there. What exactly happens if the sprockets aren't lined up properly? Thanks, R.B.

Everything is not perfect if it shatters an intercooler fan everytime you try to put one on. Take it back. If something is out of balance, the more rpm you run the worse it will get. Might seem fine idleing but......

Back