You can type here any text you want

I may sell it!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It's been a year, doubt if they would do anything. And would I even want them to!

Originally posted by rb68rr
So even though we've reset the cam sensor every thing can still be screwed up from a bad timing chain installation? The car starts and runs perfectly under normal driving conditions until you reach about 10 psi of boost. Even unplugging the cam sensor the problem is still there. What exactly happens if the sprockets aren't lined up properly? Thanks, R.B.

If everything goes to crap at 10# of boost then I would lean more towards the ignition module/coil pack.

You mean the car's been running that badly since it came from the dealership over a year ago??? What have you been doing since? :confused:

If everything goes to crap at 10# of boost then I would lean more towards the ignition module/coil pack.

You mean the car's been running that badly since it came from the dealership over a year ago??? What have you been doing since?

I thought the same at first but he says in the original post that he's already swap tested these with known good parts. Might double check this.

It's been a year, doubt if they would do anything. And would I even want them to!

Well, you screwed up. You should have taken it back right away when you noticed the intcooler fan problem. Your right they probably won't do anything, so thats water under the bridge now.

The car has not run right since the timing chain replacement back in January of 2003!

I hate to say it but with all the things you've already checked and the fact that you can't keep an intercooler fan on the thing, I would have to check and see if they did the timing chain install correctly and everything was buttoned up right. Figure out whats destroying those intercooler fans and go from there. Good Luck.

Well, I've been changing practically every damn part on the car! It's my daily driver and I work 6 days a week so it's kinda hard to find the time!

This will be my 4th attempt at posting-only the gdanmnd test post worked.

YOu have to obsrve your valvetrain at idle. A VALVE ACTUATION PROBLEM MAY NOT SHOW ON VAC OR COMP GAUGE. yes, a bent valve will. Pushrods may have acted as weak point when T set went out.

I could tell you why I know but take my word.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what is your fuel pressure doing during the WOT ping????? Maybe the fuel sock is collapsed!, clogged!! fuel pump goin out.... Just my 2 cents....

here I go with my rounded out lobe!

I am not sure if it matters but. A friend of mine had a SBC in his truck. The thing ran like a top! Idled well, mid range was good but when he stood on it, it would pop, fart and sputter like the hell wagon it was.

Turned out he had a rounded out lobe on his cam, not sure if it was I or E.

Something to keep in mind.....

F**k dealerships,bunch of idiots with books,take it to a mechanic that has a GN or really knows about em....just my pennies..GOOD LUCK and DONT GET RID OF IT:D

Ron's problem is he has to have the car.
Unfortinately these cars have to go to "The Man" sooner or latter. Ron lives within an hour and half from a sure fix Motor man, but ........he has to have the car.
Ron, I hate to say it but, it may be time. Its either / or .

I plan to go to Bill Dukes Saturday for an "adjustment". I may be there several hours. You could go at the same time and drop your car off, and I will take you home. Be happy to help.

Hey Gregg, you're probably right about everything you said. I really appreciate the concern and the offer. However, after spending all of the money that I have in the last year I really can't afford to start all over again. Guess I should just quit griping about everything, huh? Thanks for everybody's help but I guess I'll just have to drive around under 10 psi of boost. Not much fun especially when some kid and a mustang start messing with you. Thanks everybody, R.B.

Dude,
Check your valve train. Only have to pull one valve cover at a time.
I chased my tail with a tuning issue with help from this board and local gurus for almost a year. I had high o2s on top end and high K. Compression was dead on even and vac gauge perfect. Car had perfect edle and low end and mostly good wot. When it finally started popping thru intake I said its gotta be cam. I had a lobe that SLOWLY went bad. I had used Lucas oil additive the whole time so cam degraded slowly. BTW the cam as mentioned earlir had 2/3 lobe missing and only then did engine seem to have a vibration at low end-but not even a full miss. It pulled great! but sounded kinda like a v8.

Dude. Check those pushrods.

Back