You can type here any text you want

I Need a JOB!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1chance

Well while driving in stop, and go traffic in Atlanta in my company truck, there was a box in the middle lane i was in, i slowed to strattle it, then out of nowhere a girl pass me on the left, get in my lane see's the box, and slams on brakes. I was fully loaded, and couldnt change lanes, so i hit her in the rear, they charged me with following to close, and there goes my job, im glad she was ok, but people should know a Semi cant stop on a dime. Anyway, i need a job. I wish i could find a shop that works on GNs, i would change my career. Call me at 706-726-2662 if you know of a job, 18yrs driving semis.

these idiots in atlanta don't know how to drive. i got some contract work for you hauling fuel. you gotta be fast, it's a high risk job, because i don't work an oil company or own a gas station. :eek: ok, just a little bs there. i heard on the news that a gas tanker had been stolen though.

I was an Owner/Operator in the trucking industry for a few years. I had one of my drivers have the same thing happen to him at a red light. A little car zipped around him as he was approaching the light and the car decided that it wasn't going to go and slammed on brakes. My driver couldn't stop the truck in the short distance the car gave it. The cops came out and wrote the driver of the car a ticket for causing the accident because there were folks waiting for a bus at the corner where it happened and they gave their eye witness testimony to the cop. It really sucks that you lost your job over that bullshiit. Had it been me in either case I would have pushed the dam car to its death or dismembering. I'm pist off for you.

Were you driving locally? I drive a semi OTR and with 18 years experience (I got 10 months) you should be able to get a job anywere you want, even with the accident as long as thats all you got. I live in the DFW area in Texas and am really trying to get a local job (if anyone knows anything let me know) but they got alot of companies that haul water for oil fields so I am gonna try to get on there if I cant find nothing else....kind scared about hauling a liquid, I drive a flat bed right now.

Good luck,
Joshua

Yeah, and the cops came up, and told all the pepole that they didnt need any wittness, and before i could get any of there names he told them to leave!!!

Might be worth fighting. I'm sure GA driver code has something about not cutting off someone's assured clear distance ahead. You might get lucky.

Back