You can type here any text you want

I need some serious help with this XFI POS box.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
"On my afterstart vs. cts table the little cicle is on 0 and not my line,does that mean it is not adding any afterstart enrichment?"
AIRC, key on, the "target" should be active, and on the curve, at the temp indicated by the ECT sensor.
No sensor input, no added fuel for cold start.:frown:

I also think the MAP sensor included with my ECM is a bad one,it reads no change whatsoever while cranking or otherwise,always 100 KPa.
I would check that MAP right away. Check voltage at port B with a VOM and add pressure to the vacuum port. You can blow in it if you need to. I had a MAP last about 3 weeks before it went out for no reason. It was a brand new part too. I checked everything but the MAP until the last thing. Car would barely idle and not for very long. Giving it more throttle only worstened the idle quality. Smoked like a chimney too. Good luck, Craig

update

Replaced the bad MAP that came with my XFI (thanks alot FAST!) cost me $80 more than it should have.

Now it actually gets a MAP reading.

Wired the ignition box and the ECM straight to the battery,fixed the losing sync while cranking.

Still starts and dies immediately,no matter what I do with the fuel.

I raise cranking fuel and it gets easier to start,add fuel vs CTS and increase revs vs cts still no change.The car will not idle.

What should the Iac read with a cold motor at around 70-80 *F?I have it maxxed out and it will not idle,the TPS has been calibrated,and the throttle blade is as open as the idle screw will allow.

Sounds to me like you have a huge vacuum leak. You should not have to MAX the iac even for a cold start about 60-70% max opening is enough. What is your cranking PW and what size injectors?

Cal thankfully helped me out by sending me a startup program,I have been doing the best i can with it.

Give me a call, and we'll get this straightened out. The old program I sent you may need to be converted to the new firmware you are running. Joe Lubrant is a good guy, I don't mind helping support his customers.

Give me a call, and we'll get this straightened out. The old program I sent you may need to be converted to the new firmware you are running. Joe Lubrant is a good guy, I don't mind helping support his customers.

Thanks Cal,I appreciate that.

Actually I found my problem today.Car starts and runs fine now.

I have been trying to start it up on 93 gas and my program is a race gas tune,so I am sure there is something there that was causing a problem.

I borrowed a pump gas file from a friend that you sent to him,his combo was a little milder than mine,but I made very few changes,like adding a little more cranking fuel and changing the crank reference angle and setting up IPU.

Car starts and runs without dying now.

I may need to get some help from you doing some minor fine tuning later when i get a driveshaft and brakes on it.

I just wanted to get it started before I put in the interior,so I could hide the wiring better,and make sure my wiring was not the problem.

Thank you Cal and if you don't mind,I may give you a call later when I can actually drive the car.

BTW,Cal,looks like I will be ordering that AMS 1000 now,so i will call you about that this week.Thanks.

This is why I will be getting a XFI. Look at all the help you get.Big Stuff may be better, but when your at a Buick event ,the XFI will yeild better tech help from the amount of people that have them. Not bad mouthing BS3 at all.

This is why I will be getting a XFI. Look at all the help you get.Big Stuff may be better, but when your at a Buick event ,the XFI will yeild better tech help from the amount of people that have them. Not bad mouthing BS3 at all.

Thats exactly why I passed over the BS3.Not enough people in our community running them.

"have an issue where the car starts then dies immediately,still trying to hash things out".

"Hopefully that is just a tuning issue. I had a problem with a box several mos back that did the same thing, it bench tested fine but would not run longer than a second or two. It turned out to be a bad mother board, FAST replaced it as a last resort and that took care of it.I'm not saying that is your problem but it is something to keep in mind, that was the ONLY one we ever had with that issue, not bad considering the amount we have sold".

I just started having this problem today, tried adjusting afterstart fuel vrs coolant and temp correct vrs cts.....was able to get it to run an extra second or two longer before shutting off.
Hopefully tomorrow we can get it sorted out.

The (after)startup fuel doesn't all just come from afterstart enrichment; the enrichment is additive to the base fuel calculation (based in part from the VE table value). So both the VE table has to be right where the engine is currently operating, AND the additive fueling has to be right as well for it to run (well) after start.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.We got it fixed today, the map sensor was not reading to begin with....wiggled the wire and it worked.
Anyhow moved it to the xfi connection and fired right up.
I took a bunch of fuel out in the afterstart enrichment and temp correct vrs cts
Also had to take fuel out of the map.
Going to add an i.a.c. to see if i can get the idle settled down, currently a/f is at 13 give or take .4 or so.

Back