i need to identify a connector

wamatam

boost junky
in the pic below whats the plug that has 3 wires going into the cluster right next to where the speedometer cable hooks up to the cluster?
i think it has an led or something like that im not sure, i think i left this out when connecting the dash back together is this important?
cluster.jpg

Thats some rigged up crap. The 3 wire connector is your speed sensor someone along the way cut the wires off of it for some reason.

whats the speed sensor control on these cars whats the function since the speedo is cable driven whats the purpose of that signal?

thanks for getting back to me.

that sensor runs to a buffer , the buffer feeds the ecm and if you have cruise so both know how fast the car is going
the cruise uses the signal to regulate the cars speed

the ecm uses the signal to control lockup in the transmission , and if you run a tt chip he uses the mph signal at the ecm to drop timing (and boost if you are still setup stock) in third gear

that is some rigged up junk to fix a film circuit and its still missing some contact feeds to some of the bulbs
was that from a stolen car? , they even cut the tach boost harness

no this is just a random pic i was looking for in order to find a picture of that connector, i already put the dash board back together and didnt have a pic off hand to describe and couldnt find one either.

so what your telling me is that that plug also has something to do with the tune on the car as well, i felt the car run a little different after i had installed the TT chip it actually felt as if it was held back a bit. could this be the reason why?