I respectfully request........................................... ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the track for 1 day and damn.....

winter is coming fast :eek: seriously why not make them post a price AND location ?? I don't see the big deal .. don't like it then post it somewhere else to go "fishing" :p
Like I had said in another post . Bryan had a car I was interested in YEARS ago.. Well I did end up calling him.. He still didn't have a price in mind.. "oh what will you give me for it" let people who want to fish go to craigslist :biggrin:

I agree with posting a price & location on ALL cars advertised here. I also think this section needs a new moderator. Having a used car peddler moderating this section for there own good is ridiculous. It's like putting a diamond thief in charge of a jewlery store. :eek:

It's like putting a diamond thief in charge of a jewlery store. :eek:

no your wrong with this statement..In the "old days" before the net.. a thief/slime/scumbag is where you have a person in "charge" of the "cars for sale" that would buy them (the to good to be true deals along with the really rare cars) before they made it into the next newsletter to the club members :mad:

no your wrong with this statement..In the "old days" before the net.. a thief/slime/scumbag is where you have a person in "charge" of the "cars for sale" that would buy them (the to good to be true deals along with the really rare cars) before they made it into the next newsletter to the club members :mad:

Very true.

Okay simple thing here... It is the forum rules to post a price!

If you are not sure of your price yet for some reason post that IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!!!!

ALL PERSONAL ATTACKS STOP NOW!!!!! Or I will...

Just be civil, that is all I am asking for...

I don't get it. If you're not sure of the price why advertise it? If you want to sell something then you should know what you want for it. If not your just fishing, not "selling".

I will be waiting for Doug to reply, Bryan I have no idea why your original thread was locked the way it was. It was a one sided attack against you and unwarrented. The thread was over 4 months old and brought back up for one reason only. That reason was to end the thread,.... i dont know why.

It appears the winter blues are already upon us, sad to say... Even if it was vindictive, its out of my hands.

PS, there is NO sticky at the top of the BUICK cars for sale section stating there needs to be a price.

All im saying is that someone needs to do their homework before they start locking threads.

BW

BW, maybe YOU should do your OWN homework before deciding what someone's motivations are, since you very OBVIOUSLY have no idea of mine. Maybe YOU should pick up a phone and call someone before making false accusations about another member like you have done here. Your behavior in the above post certainly says a lot about YOU, that's for certain.

Now to answer your questions AFTER you have already acted as judge and jury:

The thread was locked because I asked TwoBryans to put legitimate prices on his cars. I gave him ample time to do so, even though I wasn't required to do so by the forum rule. Instead, he decided to play childish games by putting a $1 million price on every car in order to continue ignoring the clear intention of the rule. I could have deleted every single post in the original thread as it clearly states in the rule, but again I did not. I left the information out there and instead simply closed the thread. I would be more than happy to remove it entirely if that will make the Bryans happier.

There was no "attack" on anyone, Wanner. You're just pissed because you asked me to let the rule slide and I didn't agree. I fail to see why TwoBryans shouldn't have to list legitimate prices for his cars but everyone else should. Apparently you do. If so, please explain for all of us why that should be. I'd be interested to hear it.

Next, your baseless and false accusation that the thread was brought up solely to close it is absolute BS. I only come into the forums occasionally, and I only come into them as "moderator" occasionally. Therefore, when I do, I go through a large sample of the for sale ads and make sure the basic rules are being followed by everyone. If they aren't, I post a clear request AS A COURTESY TO THE POSTER about what needs to be corrected and allow the poster time to correct it. I am NOT required to do this, but I do. If the poster doesn't correct the issue, I close the thread. Again, I COULD delete all posts in the thread as stated in the forum rule, but I don't, AS A COURTESY to the poster so the essential information about his car can still be had. So, I'm giving the poster every opportunity to correct the situation before taking any action, and even when I do, it is less than I could take.

Thus, there is nothing "vindictive" about anything that has transpired. But there sure has been a lot of childish bitching and smearing just because Bryan Turner got his shorts in a bunch when he was asked to follow the rules that everyone else does about pricing his cars for sale.

Everyone looks at both for sale forums, and the rule has been posted for THREE AND A HALF YEARS. Anyone who hasn't seen it or didn't know about it either doesn't pay attention or willfully ignores it. If your lame reasoning is that the reason it wasn't followed here is because it wasn't posted in the TBs for Sale section, then Lawdy Bee we'll get it posted there, too.

As for you, Bryan Turner, for someone who professes to be the consummate professional in everything he says and does, you sure have shown your true colors here. All you were asked to do was follow the same rules everyone else does and post legitimate prices for your cars for sale. Instead, you ignore moderator requests, you play games with rules, explain in long-winded detail how the rules don't apply to you, and sick your surrogates on me to harass me in all of my other threads in an effort to "punish" me (while disguising it as "just asking simple questions." Very nice indeed. All because you can't manage to post simple clear prices for all the cars you deal in (and you are a dealer, whether or not you are licensed is immaterial when compared to the number of cars you deal in). I know you think it's all about you and the world revolves around you, but sadly, it doesn't. Anyone else who I've ever requested to post a price for their cars has done so gladly; you are the one and only poster who has refused to do so. Therefore I'm picking on you, right? Wrong.

I didn't consider his thread a fishing thread, not in the typical spammer sense anyways. He's be a well known collecter for years and I basically considered the thread, "I'm moving on, if you see something you like, ask me about it and I'll give you a price." I don't really see an issue sense it is one thread, and he's a non huckster member but it's your board.

BW, maybe YOU should do your OWN homework before deciding what someone's motivations are, since you very OBVIOUSLY have no idea of mine. Maybe YOU should pick up a phone and call someone before making false accusations about another member like you have done here. Your behavior in the above post certainly says a lot about YOU, that's for certain.

Now to answer your questions AFTER you have already acted as judge and jury:

The thread was locked because I asked TwoBryans to put legitimate prices on his cars. I gave him ample time to do so, even though I wasn't required to do so by the forum rule. Instead, he decided to play childish games by putting a $1 million price on every car in order to continue ignoring the clear intention of the rule. I could have deleted every single post in the original thread as it clearly states in the rule, but again I did not. I left the information out there and instead simply closed the thread. I would be more than happy to remove it entirely if that will make the Bryans happier.

There was no "attack" on anyone, Wanner. You're just pissed because you asked me to let the rule slide and I didn't agree. I fail to see why TwoBryans shouldn't have to list legitimate prices for his cars but everyone else should. Apparently you do. If so, please explain for all of us why that should be. I'd be interested to hear it.

Next, your baseless and false accusation that the thread was brought up solely to close it is absolute BS. I only come into the forums occasionally, and I only come into them as "moderator" occasionally. Therefore, when I do, I go through a large sample of the for sale ads and make sure the basic rules are being followed by everyone. If they aren't, I post a clear request AS A COURTESY TO THE POSTER about what needs to be corrected and allow the poster time to correct it. I am NOT required to do this, but I do. If the poster doesn't correct the issue, I close the thread. Again, I COULD delete all posts in the thread as stated in the forum rule, but I don't, AS A COURTESY to the poster so the essential information about his car can still be had. So, I'm giving the poster every opportunity to correct the situation before taking any action, and even when I do, it is less than I could take.

Thus, there is nothing "vindictive" about anything that has transpired. But there sure has been a lot of childish bitching and smearing just because Bryan Turner got his shorts in a bunch when he was asked to follow the rules that everyone else does about pricing his cars for sale.

Everyone looks at both for sale forums, and the rule has been posted for THREE AND A HALF YEARS. Anyone who hasn't seen it or didn't know about it either doesn't pay attention or willfully ignores it. If your lame reasoning is that the reason it wasn't followed here is because it wasn't posted in the TBs for Sale section, then Lawdy Bee we'll get it posted there, too.

As for you, Bryan Turner, for someone who professes to be the consummate professional in everything he says and does, you sure have shown your true colors here. All you were asked to do was follow the same rules everyone else does and post legitimate prices for your cars for sale. Instead, you ignore moderator requests, you play games with rules, explain in long-winded detail how the rules don't apply to you, and sick your surrogates on me to harass me in all of my other threads in an effort to "punish" me (while disguising it as "just asking simple questions." Very nice indeed. All because you can't manage to post simple clear prices for all the cars you deal in (and you are a dealer, whether or not you are licensed is immaterial when compared to the number of cars you deal in). I know you think it's all about you and the world revolves around you, but sadly, it doesn't. Anyone else who I've ever requested to post a price for their cars has done so gladly; you are the one and only poster who has refused to do so. Therefore I'm picking on you, right? Wrong.

WOW!! :eek:

My only envolvement has been the asking of 2 simple ?'s that have yet to be answered? Not harrasing in ANY way.

#1 Are prices needed on cars advertised for sale in our signatures?

#2 A simple ? about the legality of a Titled as "1933 Ford" advertised for sale. Again that should not be a harrasing ?

I'm truely sorry if these simple ?'s offended anyone. ;)

I didn't consider his thread a fishing thread, not in the typical spammer sense anyways. He's be a well known collecter for years and I basically considered the thread, "I'm moving on, if you see something you like, ask me about it and I'll give you a price." I don't really see an issue sense it is one thread, and he's a non huckster member but it's your board.

Bryan has been "moving on" for years :p .. He has had a lot of cars over the years for sale here . NEVER with a price.. Always has a "deep sea" fishing rod waiting for the right one to bite :rolleyes::p I wasted 1 phone call to him to "talk" .. I don't need any more friends who just want to talk :p AGAIN WHATS THE BIG DEAL POSTING THE PRICE??? :confused:

IMO, the mod made the right call for the section...

All the other BS needs to be left behind...

This is a moderated board, he gave him time to respond to the rules.

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill!!!

I believe there was 48 hours given by the moderator to correct the post & it was shut down in less than 24 hours. :confused:

Nov. 5th 6:38 PM Thread was given 48 hrs notice to add prices

Nov. 6th 1:46 PM Thread closed by the same moderator

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/254271-just-what-you-looking-3.html

Less than 24 hours is hardly enough time to research market trends & values of upper end collector cars. In all fairness the original post should be reopened & another 24 hours placed on the game clock.

Less than 24 hours is hardly enough time to research market trends & values of upper end collector cars. In all fairness the original post should be reopened & another 24 hours placed on the game clock.

OMG your not serious are ya ??? :confused: Bryan knows what he has and he knows what he wants for it . He has been in the GAME for a while :p this is getting way out of hand :rolleyes:

The time given to him was a courtesy, and is not and never was a requirement. And like Grumpy said, he knows exactly what he wants for his cars.

Get over it, and get over yourself. Why are you minding everyone else's business but your own, anyway? Never mind, since I don't care about your answer and have you blocked now anyway, so consider the question rhetorical.

I don't get it. If you're not sure of the price why advertise it? If you want to sell something then you should know what you want for it. If not your just fishing, not "selling".

EXACTLY!!! HE is FISHING not the Buyer!

The time given to him was a courtesy, and is not and never was a requirement. And like Grumpy said, he knows exactly what he wants for his cars.

Get over it, and get over yourself. Why are you minding everyone else's business but your own, anyway? Never mind, since I don't care about your answer and have you blocked now anyway, so consider the question rhetorical.

You sir are a piece of garbage & i pray we get the chance to meet. ;)

Thems is the rules. You don't like them, don't post. All you have to do is put it on eBay and you don't have to post an asking price.
Think the rules are ridiculous, start your own board and make your own rules. OK, so Bryan is a nice guy. Good for him, and good for the people that are fortunate enough to know him. It still doesn't change the fact that he isn't following the rules.
I hear people asking for an exception because they are such nice cars. So what? They're just as nice with a price listed below them.
There I have spoken.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.