You can type here any text you want

i saw a white TTA Conv in Long Beach CA..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have been approached several times at the car wash that I go to in Lakewood-Long Beach, Ca area by a gentleman that knows the owner of that car, and whether I would be interested in it. My response was that they never really built 1, and the gentleman agrees and states that it was a dealer option after the fact. I have never personally seen the car, but I know that it exsists. Should he have said TTA solid roof / hardtop, my response and the outcome would have probably been different. Fwiw, this car wash is about 3 miles from Boulevard Buick on Cherry Street that has an extremely low mileage GNX on the showroom, 24/7/365.

...Personally I like the cloth/hardtops better ;) :biggrin:

Steve

Steve,
I am with you on this one!

I would like to take one of the GTA convertables and change it over to a TTA drive train. It would be cool to have a flame red one! I would put just the "Turbo" emblem between the tail lights and leave off all of the other 20th TTA emblems. This would be a great driver! :smile:

- Dave

I have been approached several times at the car wash that I go to in Lakewood-Long Beach, Ca area by a gentleman that knows the owner of that car, and whether I would be interested in it. My response was that they never really built 1, and the gentleman agrees and states that it was a dealer option after the fact. I have never personally seen the car, but I know that it exsists. Should he have said TTA solid roof / hardtop, my response and the outcome would have probably been different. Fwiw, this car wash is about 3 miles from Boulevard Buick on Cherry Street that has an extremely low mileage GNX on the showroom, 24/7/365.

next time here hear about it Wells call me.. i'll take it from him for the right price :)

So Wells, How much for it? I have a few dealership modified Trans Ams. George:cool:
-----------------------------------
So, mr.turbota:
Haven't a clue, I did not ask, he did not volunteer, which to me translates into pricey.

next time here hear about it Wells call me.. i'll take it from him for the right price :)
------------------------------
So Zwick, if it would have been at the right price, the gentleman that told me about it would have bought it himself, and if he didn't, he would have volunteereed the price to me and I would have, interest or no interest. Just what are the chances of something like that, homemade or not, being at the right price. Not referencing how deep your pockets are, just that they did not get that way by giving money away.

I have a article somewhere,with pictures,that shows two TTA convertables & it states that they where built for the President & Vice Pres. of PAS.

I remember in the mid 90's,one of them for sale in Hemmings,they where asking $33,000 or so.

I would wrather have any of the mule cars, especially Rich's black Emissions Certification TTA than any of the vert. cars. Anybody with a pile of $$ can have their TTA converted.

I would wrather have any of the mule cars, especially Rich's black Emissions Certification TTA than any of the vert. cars. Anybody with a pile of $$ can have their TTA converted.

I'm with you on this one. Why couldn't someone send their TTA to ASC now and have the convertible conversion done? I doubt it really matters if it was done in 1990 or 2007. Opinions?

That's a good question - Would it matter if it was done in 1989 versus today? I wouldn't touch mine, but it's still interesting to think about!

That's a good question - Would it matter if it was done in 1989 versus today? I wouldn't touch mine, but it's still interesting to think about!

Exactly! I wouldn't do it either! But, I just wanted to raise the question to see what people think! :D

Did you guys read the articles on the TTA's verts from the owners? You won't think about turning a TTA into a vert if you did! They both said that because of the torque and power it destroyed the stability of the car. One of them said it felt like the car was going to bend in half when you got on it and the other said he was afraid to even drive the thing! Might work on a GTA but not a TTA :D

convertible

Hi guys!
It's just my 2 cents, and I agree with the previous line, but why bother with this modification? I am very happy taking the tops off and letting the wind blow where it will.Why weaken an already compromised platform?

Hi guys!
It's just my 2 cents, and I agree with the previous line, but why bother with this modification? I am very happy taking the tops off and letting the wind blow where it will.Why weaken an already compromised platform?

I'm with you 100%! :biggrin:

Did you guys read the articles on the TTA's verts from the owners? You won't think about turning a TTA into a vert if you did! They both said that because of the torque and power it destroyed the stability of the car. One of them said it felt like the car was going to bend in half when you got on it and the other said he was afraid to even drive the thing! Might work on a GTA but not a TTA :D

Just add some proper subframe connectors in addition to the weak U profiles ASC put on them when they chopped the roof of those t-tops :-) The guys that didi my SFCs here in the UK also did this to his own 88 Camaro cab and it will hold up to some serious abuse after that :biggrin:

Back