You can type here any text you want

I think its time for Alcohol. Ya Think????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickrob

I haven't raced in years but I've got the itch this year. I just got 15x8 widened GN wheels with 275/60 MT Drag Radials. I'm really going trying to get my car so I am the same on the street as on the track. That's why I ditched the slicks for the drag radials and I'm thinking about ditching my race chip and using C16 for Alky. Makes sense right?

Right now on the street I run about 19-20 lbs of boost on my old Precision Jim Testa 93 octane street chip. I'm thinking being that I have a stock intercooler I should see some nice gains on the street with an Alky kit and Turbo Tweak Alky chip.

If I were to do Alky and could pull off 23-24lbs. of boost, any thoughts as to where my car should run if tuned right? Check my sig, nothing crazy and I actually have a cat (which has kept me from using C16 for the last few years). Just curious as to where you think the car could run. I haven't really kept up on this stuff for awhile but think it would be awesome to have my street/strip setup be identical.

I can tell you from my own experience, that the Alky and Alky chip will make a huge difference in the way the car runs. I kept my boost set to 16 or so without Alky, now that i have installed Razors Alky kit, i have been to 25 lbs of boost with 0.0 degrees of knock. I have not been to the track yet, but my car ran a best of 12.92 @ 109mph before the Alky and TE-44. That was with a terrible 2.0 60ft time. I am very curious as to what my car will do now with the TE-44. I have a similiar combo to yours. The only thing that has been done to my motor internally is 980 comp cams valve springs and double roller chain. I usually keep the boost set around 22 lbs on the sreet, and even @ that boost level i can't keep from breaking rear tires loose.

Alky is good

Basically running some of the same bolt-ons as yourself. You got the 7 year itch ...You ought to at least gut that cat or run a test pipe. Don't see why you couldn't slip into the 12's with the right tune and traction. Just recently added a Te44, double ought nines, Razor's alky, and TTalky chip . The original owner bracket raced the car on C16, Conley mag 4 race chip with 32 degrees advance, stock turbo, 30# inj., and never over 20lbs of boost , MT drags. Though his 60fts were 1.7's(according to time slips) he was still able to low twelve it consistantly at 5200 ft altitude. Mr.Davis never went for fastest but for consistency...he was alway spot on on his dialup...Since buying this GN from his widow everthing we've added as far as boltons go as I mentioned are like yours. Hoping to tune her up spot on and it would be really nice to be able to get timing advance up around or above 25 with 0KR , will probably start off like you 24-25 lbs boost and safely inch her up to sweet spot for the Te44 , may slip a lil Trick 101 unleaded into the gas tank for safety measures just because we have some sorry arse 91pumpgas. Well Good Luck Rob you'll probably get into the 12's and will be Itchin to go faster

Yeah I'm definitely expecting high 12's. My last GN (8 years ago) on ET Streets, kirban downpipe, 009's otherwise all stock with a Reds race chip on C16 ran a 12.92. If this car doesn't go 12's I'll be disapointed.

12 seconds with Alky though on a street setup will be a lot of fun. Not even sure I'd want to dip into 11's but it doesn't seem as hard to do now as it was 8 years ago so who knows.....an 11 second street car sounds real fun too!

My combo is close guys, pte-44, running 25 lbs boost, m/t radials on centerline aluminum wheels. I have a low vacuum situation, with major blow by, not so fun with the vacuum brake set-up. But I'm working on that problem with a new build. The car is soooo much fun on the street, really liking the m/t tires, less spinning (and attention if that's possible in these cars) makes a more controlable fast start, instead of the squealling tires and the side jerk when you got to get out of it.

Chuck

buick rob,go treat yourself to a turbotweak chip and the alkycontrol kit.it's just an awsome combo:biggrin: i have one on my 49 car and i just put one on my father's stocker.we upped the boost on the stocker and it became an animal,and ate it's stock trans in a matter of a week:biggrin:

Back