You can type here any text you want

I think ive learned my lesson.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87LimitedT

Just getting started
Well last month my cousin had came up for a weekend he gave me a call after I got off of work and asked what I was doing and asked I wanted to go out so I go meet him at a buddies house and they were already drinking but they still wanted to go out I offered to drive since I was sober but my cousin wanted to take hi car a 99 Z28 we were just going to go out and eat but they decided to stop at a bar me being underage I didn’t think we or at least I wouldn’t get in but I walked write past the cop at the door we all had a few drinks it was around 2:30-3:00 so we left the other guys hose was just a block away so I didn’t expect anything to happen but as soon as the light turned green my cousin just hammered it we get a kind of curve in the road and he looses control I remember hitting the trees and then getting out of the car the third guy ran off and left us their my cousin was still out so I called my mom to let her know what happened then my sister when the ambulance got their I not knowing of my head was more worried about my cousin I spent a day and a half in the hospital a had 22 staples in my head and could barley walk or stand on my own but seeing how bad the car was im just grateful im still alive that all of us were one of the cops that was thier came to see how i was doing was amazed to see the shape that i was in and said we were pretty lucky that a car accident like that that thier are ussualy never survivours and luckully he didnt have his nitrous in. But know I think after that and knowing that they almost lost me on the way to the hospital and all the stuff that my parents , family ,and friends went threw im done drinking.

Attachments

• S7000119.jpg
    S7000119.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 590
  • S7000120.jpg
    S7000120.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 578
  • S7000122.jpg
    S7000122.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 572
  • S7000118.jpg
    S7000118.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 579
I hope all of you have stopped drinking and driving. You are a lucky bunch!

There are those of us that have to learn the hard way! I am glad you are both alive as well as recovering. It is also amazing there was no one else involved. Do yourself a favor and keep the pictures around for the rest of your life. It can be a motivating reminder to not drink and drive. I lost a dear friend to a drunk driver so I have some very hard feelings about this. If you need a ride just pick up the phone. Jon Hanson

Holy $hit! Glad you are okay, glad you learned a lesson. You would feel horrible for the rest of your life if you killed anyone!

WOW

I can't believe you are still around to write about this.

That was a Dick move,Driving after drinking, and getting in a car with someone who has been drinking is an equally rated Dick Move.

I certainly hope this puts things in perspective for all those involved.

Very glad everyone made it out alive.

We all do stupid things, it's the ones that dont learn from those stupid thiings that are the dumb ones. God was on all of your guys' side that night. That is one of the most mangled up messes I've ever seen. I lost a girlfriend in '02 from a lack of poor judgement and her car looked nothing like that Z does. Glad to hear you are good man! I hope your other 2 buddies learn from this as well.

You were incredibly fortunate!

Most of us will admit to having bad judgment sometime in our lives, you are wise to take this opportunity to possibly keep someone else off the roads in that condition. My son-in-laws mother was killed by a 19 yr old drunk driver (with his 2 yr old child in a carseat), they were both fine, but she died instantly. Her kids and grandkids miss her terribly. Be careful out there :(

You are extremely fortunate. I have worked a lot of fatality wrecks where the car looked nowhere near as bad as this one. Not only do you put yourself in danger when you drink and drive, but everyone else on the road. An innocent family could have been injured or killed. On a side note, that whole paragraph of your story was only 2 sentences!

Atleast the car is repairable....:eek: The only difference between what happened to you vs. the rest of us is chance. Who says Guardian Angels arent real....

Crazy ****...Is your cousin's LS1 motor for sale???:D j/k only because you are alright. What happen to the friend that ran. It looks like the back had no back seats. Lucky for that guy.

My cousin ended up with two fractured ribs and six stitches the other guy had some small cuts an bruises and i ended up with this.

Attachments

• S7000100.JPG
    S7000100.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 268
My cousin ended up with two fractured ribs and six stitches the other guy had some small cuts an bruises and i ended up with this.

So did you fracture your skull or were you merely scalped? That looks like it smarts.

Jim

I am also stunned that you are alive as well :eek: I never went through anything like this but I gave up drinking before I was even of age and I can tell you that you're NOT missing anything. I am very happy sober. I've seen what drinking can do all around me throughout my life and I don't want any part of it. Glad you were given a second chance.

Back