I think my converter went bad??

Good luck to both you guys!

Thanks man. I'm pretty sure I know my dial already, but as long as it stays in one piece it'll be a perfect day for me. I'm looking forward to seeing how Barracuda's car responds to the TC. I'll get vids (and post them if he likes the results). :) Don't know if I'll get any of my car in action but there are plenty out there already. I'm very excited! Sad it's my last race of the year though.

Thanks again for the well wishes!

I had a fun day today! Got to meet we4Mateo and we ran together 3 times down the track. I have video to post as soon as I get my camera bag back, I forgot it there.

Since the last time at the track I changed my MAF from stock to LT1, went from 25" tire to 28" and changed my converter.

I went from a Pats 3200 to Dave Huseks custom converter. 3250 stall and couples at 4800, 9.5 inch. I have the first converter from him with his new design. I will post more information about this converter when I get my video's up.

Bottom line is I ran with the same tune and only the changes to the car I posted above. I picked up 7 tenths and 10 mph.

I ran 13.5 at 100 mph last time and this time I ran 12.7 at 110. My 60 fts were 2 tenths slower today also. I rolled out and broke the tires loose at the 60 ft so once I get the car to hook I'm pretty sure high 11's can be had with this same tune.

I put more boost in the car today from 20 to 22 but it didn't seem to make much difference. My AFR was 10.5 at the top of 3rd on my best run.

I did have 3 degrees of timing pulled out all day and didn't adjust that so I have more tuning to do in the spring. I have a powerlogger ready to install so that should help me with the tune as well.

I was just going to respond to a thread you posted in. My converter went bad and I swore the first time I heard it one of my hoses fell of the intake or turbo.

It was the converter. My lock up clutch was toast and my stator was broke.

In a way I'm glad it finally broke because the old converter was really hurting the performance of the car. Not that is was a bad converter for what it was but it is not in the same league as what I have now. My car sat for 5 years before I bought it and it was built in 2004 so I have been working through a few things trying to figure out where I'm at.

I got lucky and the tranny didn't get hurt. Replaced the converter and the car is coming along real nice.

Hopefully you find something simple but if not check out Dave Husek, he's a sponsor on the board. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with him and he has been a big help with a lot more than just my converter. Dave knew I was going to the track on a Sunday and even called me to see how the car ran. His converter works exactly like he said it would and the guy answers the phone every time I call.

That's pretty hard to beat in my book.

yea he sounds like the man then. I am in the process of tracking down the noise but i just lost overdrive today and my fluid level is correct and very clean. I don't know whats up with it.

I never lost any gears but with the old converter my car shifted HARD and had funny lock up issues. This is my first GN and the tranny was rebuilt about a 1000 miles before I bought it so I just figured it was the nature of the beast.

The reason the tranny got rebuilt is because the previous owner locked the converter up and smoked the tranny. The original converter was a single disc so it probably got hurt in the process?? They probably flushed the converter and reinstalled it?

You may have converter clutch debris in the valve body causing issues. Dave would be the guy to talk to.