I want to say thank you.........

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
.......To Nick Micale for taking the time to stop by and figure out an electrical gremlin I was experiencing with my Turbo Regal.

I had been talking about it with Lou Czarnota and Lou told me "Call Nick, he's right there by you in Phoenix and I'm sure he can help."

I called Nick and told him what symptoms the car was showing me and he simply said "Park it and I'll get over there as soon as I can."

The next day Nick showed up with a couple of friends in tow, took 10 minutes to poke around the car and then asked for a couple of wrenches and a big screwdriver.

30 Minutes later he told me "She's good to go" and bid me goodbye.

Thanks to Nick's efforts, I now have my Rocket Ship back, running as good as ever.

Kudos Nick, and many heartfelt thanks!

so what was wrong with it, so that others that don't have personal access to the man with the knowledge can learn from this?

The positive cable to the starter was intermittently grounding because of a loose connection, it was causing all sorts of mayhem.

Various warning lights flashing on the cluster for no apparrent reason and in no particular order, wide band O2 resetting itself, radio display would flicker, engine cutting/crapping out.

Sometimes all at once, sometimes just one but no others, sometimes 2 or 3 things all at once. It was scary.

I found what I thought could have been the problem and corrected it, a possible arcing of pos and neg battery cables. Who knows, it may have been a contributing factor but my fix didn't correct the issues.

Called Nick and explained what was going on. Nick knows I have access to a lift and asked that I put the car on it and he would stop by. Like I said, 30 minutes later all was good.

Awesome! Nick is the man! What a hell of a nice guy.........wish I lived closer to him......he has GN knowledge that I'd LOVE to steal from him!

Nice that you brought this up, TurboTGuy......I'm sure Nick appreciated it very much....man, some nice guys here........

Bruce '87 Grand National