You can type here any text you want

IAC at 90 - 100 ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

I cannot get this to go down. I changed IAC sensors, re-set the TPS 100 times and re-set the IAC twice. Still it idles rough and hesitates when reved up. All other running conditions are ok.

Bone stock car. No mods. What the hell is going on here?

LOL, mines at 175. It seems to idle ok but I don't think it's idling through the IAC since I idled it up myself manually. I hope someone has some good input on this.

vacoom

it sounds to me that you have a vacoom leak somewhere since the IAC is trying to controll your idle but it cannot-- have you done the spray bottle test yet .?:cool:

I would think a vacuum lead would give you a low IAC. Possible your throttle blade is closed down too much or your idle mixture is way too rich?

I agree. Need to open the throttle blade then lower TPS. Rinse and repeat :biggrin: until IAC is around 20 and TPS is .40-.42.

I agree. Need to open the throttle blade then lower TPS. Rinse and repeat :biggrin: until IAC is around 20 and TPS is .40-.42.

Ok. I'll try that. Seems like to get that i need to bring the RPM around 1000 though. I'll give it a try and see what i come up with. I checked for Vac. leaks with computer duster but i dont think that was effective.

I have a stock ported TB, 62 mm I think, and the blade does not close all the way. My IAC are ~75-100 and will not lower.

Interesting, my numbers are through the roof too. Brand new IAC, I haven't tried to adjust it yet.

1. Ground ALDL diagnostic lead (short the top two rightmost pins in the ALDL connector).

Ground 7 & 8?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 132
Yes, connect a paper clip bent into a U shape into the top right two terminals (#7 and #8) in your photo. I tried every which way to tune the IAC and nothing worked until I reset it first using the mentioned proceedure. Then tune it using the IAC screw and TPS settings.

Back