IAC counts and Rich Idle

A

AsphaltAnihil8r

The air the IAC lets thru is metered,Correct??
I have a RA 93 Chip with the FP set at 38 psi line off(009inj) I also have the Translator Plus which is turned to the Leaner position for 3.5 MAF( i think position 2)

Readings are

OAT =73°
IAC = 26-34
rpm =800-857
L8 =29-34
AF =04
CLT =170°
INT =127
BLM =118
TPS =.42

AND the car smells PIG freakin rich ,,just standing next to for a short period of time your clothing will stink for the whole day--PU

IS a RA 93 that rich??

Well, I think your fuel pressure is a little low, 38# line off would be what, 32 line on? I think Red wants 43# line off. Rich smell could be caused by too lean, too.
IAC is a little higher than I like, might open the minimum air screw a little and shoot for 12-15
L8 looks lower than I'd expect, do you have a smaller convertor? It doesn't really mean anything though.
AF, at 4 is low sorta, 5 at idle is better. But, if the computer is doubling, as with the Plus, then the computer is fueling for 8gps, which is gonna make it rich. Confused?

I think Reds chips lean more toward lean than rich.

Originally posted by WarpSpeed
Well, I think your fuel pressure is a little low, 38# line off would be what, 32 line on? I think Red wants 43# line off. Rich smell could be caused by too lean, too.
IAC is a little higher than I like, might open the minimum air screw a little and shoot for 12-15
L8 looks lower than I'd expect, do you have a smaller convertor? It doesn't really mean anything though.
AF, at 4 is low sorta, 5 at idle is better. But, if the computer is doubling, as with the Plus, then the computer is fueling for 8gps, which is gonna make it rich. Confused?

I think Reds chips lean more toward lean than rich.
Yes I do have a 9" convertor
I am NOT using the Extender chip , which I thought doubled .So you are saying that the T+ it self is what Doubles the readings.

I will try raising the PSI and turning the IAC screw Clockwise to get to 12-15,then recheck the TPS

TPS question

AsphaltAnihil8r or anybody that can give some input. I'm using the same setup as you are and my TPS is set to .46 according to the scanmaster. Do you think i should bring it down to 42 just like how you have it or should i keep it the way it is. I'm not experincing any drivibality problems or anything. I know this is off the topic and sorry i can't help with your problem. Thanks in advanced.

Re: TPS question

Originally posted by xtremexnyc
AsphaltAnihil8r or anybody that can give some input. I'm using the same setup as you are and my TPS is set to .46 according to the scanmaster. Do you think i should bring it down to 42 just like how you have it or should i keep it the way it is. I'm not experincing any drivibality problems or anything. I know this is off the topic and sorry i can't help with your problem. Thanks in advanced.
When I had mine at .46 a yearago ,the "guru's" here told me to bring it down to .42,,sorry I cant remember what the WOT should be .

I'm not really familiar with the T+ and extender chip, so....
Seeing an AF reading of 4 makes me suspicious even on my own car(stock MAFs.) 5 is normally what I like at idle. Perhaps there's a post-MAFs/vac leak?
TPS should be .45 or less, motor running. .46 or more isn't idle, however, the ecm may still cope with it. If it was mine, I reset for .42-.45.:)

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r

OAT =73°
IAC = 26-34
rpm =800-857
L8 =29-34
AF =04
CLT =170°
INT =127
BLM =118
TPS =.42

IS a RA 93 that rich??
Yes. And your blm is not that bad. I was seeing 90 at idle with Red's chip. A switch to Testa's added 30 pts with no other adjustments.