You can type here any text you want

IAT to Up pipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MikeL.

Stay boosted my friends
I unsucessfully tried a search on this. I've made the change to speed density and need to move the IAT to the up pipe pre alky nozzle. What inside diameter size bung do I need or can it just be tapped and threaded:confused:

I'm guessing there needs to be a bung welded as the sensor will be under boost at times. Thanks for looking.

I unsucessfully tried a search on this. I've made the change to speed density and need to move the IAT to the up pipe pre alky nozzle. What inside diameter size bung do I need or can it just be tapped and threaded:confused:

I'm guessing there needs to be a bung welded as the sensor will be under boost at times. Thanks for looking.

The IAT sensor is 3/8 NPT thread. I just tapped my up pipe with a 3/8 NPT tap. A small amount of thread tape solves any leak concerns. No real need for a bung. Unless you can find one with 3/8 NPT threads.

click to enlarge:

You can buy an aluminum bung from HR parts. That's where I got mine from.

I just weld a 3/16" steel, or 1/4" aluminum plate/washer on and drill and tap it. You can just drill and tap if the up pipe is steel. If it is aluminum, then it would be best if you add some thickness.

Dave, thanks for posting up the pic. It's going into the stock up pipe, so I will try the drill and tap method first since I don't have access to a welder.
Thanks for the quick response guys.
-Mike

The largest expense in the whole deal is buying one of those step bits (but it comes in handy on other projects). I used it also to drill the hole in my down pipe for the WBO2 before I had a friend weld the O2 bung.

?

Why before the alky and not after? After would give a true reading of what temps the eng. is getting.

I just double checked and according to Eric and the way his chip is programmed, it needs to be pre alky nozzle. I'll see what his response is and post back.

I drilled and tapped the pte intercooler just before the pipe coming out, its much thicker there.

If alcohol sprays on the IAT, it'll read much cooler and the computer will add fuel. The way the chip is programmed, it's designed for pre alky, but you can tune around it, by adding or subtracting fuel, if it's post alky nozzle or if the computer is running closed loop.

Back