You can type here any text you want

ICE MAN Chuck Liddell calls it quits

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
He peaked over a year ago. It was his time to hang it up. He had some good fights and was on top for a brief period but when u compare his success to someone like GSP or Penn he pails in comparison. That's one of the toughest sports to stay competetive for an extended period of time.

He peaked over a year ago. It was his time to hang it up. He had some good fights and was on top for a brief period but when u compare his success to someone like GSP or Penn he pails in comparison. That's one of the toughest sports to stay competetive for an extended period of time.

Makes you wonder if GSP or Penn will do the same thing and stick around the sport a little too long.....Matt Hugh's is my favorite and hope he'll hang it up before it gets to the point where he goes on a long losing streak then realizes that's it !!!

Champ

That sport is forever evolving and new fighters are entering the ring and trying new moves all the time. The styles that worked a year ago might not work today. Sometimes its good to take time off and try something different, good thing he is still involved in the sport.

The fighter that is most impressive to me is George Foreman. Yes i know he is a boxer :) but he did re-invent himself several times and won many more titles. :)

That sport is forever evolving and new fighters are entering the ring and trying new moves all the time. The styles that worked a year ago might not work today. Sometimes its good to take time off and try something different, good thing he is still involved in the sport.

The fighter that is most impressive to me is George Foreman. Yes i know he is a boxer :) but he did re-invent himself several times and won many more titles. :)
I agree, Foreman showed age is only a number in boxing. But, in MMA Foreman wouldn't have lasted about one round. He would have been taken to the ground and either submitted or grounded and pounded till till either KO'ed or TKO'ed.

I don't think Chuck is all that old... Guessing 37 to 45 range.

I kinda wish Dana would add a senior divison or a ledgends division. Maybe were the guys might fight 1 or 2 times a year against others there own age.

He was my fighter for a long time... After the first surprise KO a few years back it has been all down hill:frown:

I still dare anyone here to call him a punk;):cool::D

Back