Idea to lower gas prices

Googs

I've "GOT BOOST"!
I had this sent to me. Now, I don't think it will work to the extreme that is listed in the end of this, but if it helps to lower even 25 cents a gallon then it will be worth it.

THIS MAY WORK....

I've heard this suggestion on the radio, emails, etc. I hope it works.
It's worth a try.

GAS WAR - A plan that WILL work....

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one
of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your
consideration - see below.

================================================================

Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gall on by next summer and it
might go higher!! If we want gasoline prices to come down we need to take
some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than
the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last
April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at us because they knew we wouldn't continue
to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience
to us than it was&n bsp;a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has
come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super
cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now
that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think
that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take
aggressive action to teach th em that BUYERS control the marketplace . . NOT
sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers
must take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come
down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!
And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

HOW?
Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN
have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force&n bsp;a price war.

Here's the plan: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline
from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If
they are not selling any gas, they will be forced to reduce their prices. If
they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But
to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil
gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at&nbs p;this
point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach hundreds of
millions of people!!

FYI -- Exxon Mobil has replaced Wal-Mart on top of the Fortune 500 list as
the most profitable company in the world....

The oil company is raking in nearly $1 billion a day. That's a
BILLION DOLLARS - EVERY DAY! From YOU AND ME !!!

The PLAN: I am sending this note to 30+ people. If each of us send it to at
least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more
(300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If
those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then
30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further,
you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! How long would all that
take? If each of us sends this e-ma il out to ten more people within one day
of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the
next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential,
did you!

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

STOP BUYING FROM THESE TWO COMPANIES and
SEND THIS TO 10 PEOPLE THAT WILL DO THE SAME. THAT'S IT !!! Acting together
WE can make a difference!! It's now up to YOU!!!
=======================================================================
If this m akes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we
not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE
AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

I have a better idea when it hits 4.00 everyone run cam 2 racing fuel its the same price.

We've already stoped buying gas from Exxon/Mobil when the CEO retired recently with over 500 MILLION in retirement benefits and 'perks'. Not that we bought much of there gas anyway. This idea will only work if enough people stop buying from them, but I don't think that's gonna happen. :mad: People will bitc* and complain but NOT do anything about the problem. :confused:

Ken B.

get rid of the hugee gas hogs SUV's that require to be filled every 3 days and the supply of gas will grow. :) and demand will drop and if we all started driving little 4 cyl that require to be filled every 2 weeks :) there would be more gas for everyone to have and prices will drop. just an idea.

Exactly LOL

:D
chevyII said:
I have a better idea when it hits 4.00 everyone run cam 2 racing fuel its the same price.
I remember back in the early 90s when leaded 108 Octane could be bought for 2.93 a gallon. I used to mix it with 93 octane in my big block Z28. A few minutes ago I just put $10 worth of 87 octane in at $3.08 a gallon. :eek: Man times have changed, but the way I'm gonna beat this gas price BS is to ride a bicycle to work everyday unless its raining. Oh yeah, I could also take public transportation for free (city employee). Might be time to start crunchin numbers to figure out the benefits.

Folks, I have to interject here. You have to look at a bigger picture with this 'gas war' thing. And someone please correct me if I am wrong, because I may be. I don't want to get political, but...

Exxon and Mobil are AMERICAN oil companies. Exxon's crude comes from the gulf of Mexico, not sure about Mobil's...possibly Alaska. If we don't buy gas from them, we will be increasing our demand for FOREIGN oil.

I agree that that fellow got waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too much money, and the oil companies are getting rich off us consumers, but you also have to understand the many of those billions of $$ of profits go straight back into the world economy when they build another rig to get us away from the need for foreign oil. Yea, offshore rigs cost a couple of billion to get going, but do pay for themselves if they don't get blown away by the next hurricane. I don't want to stick up for the oil companies, but just simply not buying their gas is not the answer.

Not to mention I have read that eventhough our gas prices are going up, we still pay less than many other contries...like England at something like $3 per litre. I don't hink I have to convert that for anyone.

Don't forget that if Exxon/Mobil has a dramatic reduction in oil purchased by consumers, increasing their unsold capacity, there will be an increase in demand for the other oil companies. Exxon/Mobil will merely sell their over supply to them and not get hurt at all.

There truely is no way to actually make the price go down for gasoline unless they cut some of the taxes for it. We need to just get away from our dependency on oil and actually work more towards an effiecient form of public transportation. Many countries in Europe have been paying over $5/gal for years and not complaining, why? Because they have a very efficient public transportation system. When everyone is deviding up the price for the gasoline everyday it makes it very cheap and we use less oil. In my opinion we are wasting the our money on finding an alternative fuel source. Once we do find something that might work we will become just as dependent on that and then we won't be able to reach production for it or will find we're destroying the Earth or the enviroment in some way with the manufacturing or actual use of the fuel. If we just invest in it now and start to work on the transportation system then we will be able to cut the usage of gas in the United States much quicker. Then later on down the road when the transportation system is in good working order we can start to put more money into the research of an alternative fuel. Our dependency on oil will have decreased enough that we will be able to still live off using oil for a form of fuel.

Oh, I just realized the message was from a former Halliburton employee.
AKA competition to Exxon and Mobil!
That would make him more money in stock options for his retirement package!!

Strange how things like this get around.

C'mon guys,

These hoax emails from a buddy of a guy that works for one big bad corporation that used to work for another big bad corporation said blah blah.

Just like Bill Gates will send you cash if you forward this email and some prince in Africa will send you cash if you send him your checking account number...

Gas is still cheap, and is a great bargain. As I said before - people bitch that GM loses money and they bitch when Exxon/Mobil makes money...

Its amazing how gulible some can be. Passing on these BS emails is just getting out of hand. Everytime i get one i go to Snopes and get their take on it. I then email that to every tard that got the original. I never hear anything back from any of them.

Every three days?

wiked87gn said:
get rid of the hugee gas hogs SUV's that require to be filled every 3 days and the supply of gas will grow. :) and demand will drop and if we all started driving little 4 cyl that require to be filled every 2 weeks :) there would be more gas for everyone to have and prices will drop. just an idea.

I fill up my "Gas Hog SUV" every month and a half (44 gallons)!! I have done many things to it to improve mileage and drive the other cars when I can. Those other cars can't pull the 7800lb trailer like the Suburban can.

It's not just cars and trucks, look at what goes in to make plastics and anything else we touch every single day. How much money in fuel does GDub burn per day? We all pay for his gas, perhaps we can all ride in Air Force1?

Why not have each person drive a little easier or carpool each day? If you do the math, the new hybrids may not be the best option for most people who don't have a car payment. You will have to save $25K plus in gas before you break even.

Done ranting.