Ideal Exhaust?

My true dual catback with headman headers makes the motor sound like a big block chevy! ( for sale-parting out car)

True Duals?????????

Wow.
I live in Va.
They are saying, Oh I am sorry but we can modify anything forward of the Cats.
Then he goes on to say but I can put a "Y" pipe just after the Cat and go with FLOWMASTER Mufflers and end it with chrome tips for $590.00
Also he said I would gain 15-20 HP with the FLOWMASTERS plus gain 20% in Gas mileage.

My thinking is with the "Y" pipe it wouldnt let the exhaust breathe good enough. Too much back pressure building up from the stupid "Y" pipe.

Okay now that I am done rambling.
Where can I get a place to give me "True Duals"

True duals means no crssover pipe- headers to cats to mufflers to tailpipes- i believe he originally was asking about a normally aspirated motor which means non- turbo- by the way flowmasters are only good on a carbed motor.

If you re talking about a turbo motor you can get a 2.5" full system with mufflers for under $300. Which fits and works better than any flowmaster system.( from jegs or summit )

So can an exhaut be ordered from Summit/Jegs for a 3.8L/4BBL?

I understand the true duals are straight all the way out the back but wouldnt it flow better with an "X" Pipe between the 2 Cats and the Mufflers?

This is what I was looking for.

Headers/Exhaust Manifolds to Cats to "X" pipe to Mufflers to tail pipes. My only problem is no one in my area will touch it.
Mainly because of the Headers and dual cats. Some BS about EPA and $10,000.00 fine.

Member#77-i have exactly what you re looking for- i have the headers to dual cats to flowmasters and tail pipes-for a carbed 4 brrl 3.8-i had the pipes custom made and the whole system is like new and cost me over $1000.- i would be looking to get at least$550.- the ceramic coated headers were alone $400.

Try Pacesetter headers #70-1093 for 81-87 3.8 G-bodies, (about $169.00).

Walker tailpipes for 1983 442 Hurst, ($24.88 each) #45221 and #45222.

H-pipe kit from Summit or Jegs, ($32.99).

The Pacesetter collectors should be modified for 2-1/4 pipe or buy a set of Jegs 2-1/2" collectors for 2-1/4" pipe. ($19.99 each).

2-four foot long aluminized pipes, ($9.99 each).

You'll have to have the drivers side crossmember modified for the pipe to pass beneath it. If you have the know-how and tools you can do it yourself. You'll need to cut, measure, weld and bend.

2-Flowmaster #42443. 59.95 each.

If you don't the tools, have a pipe shop do it.

You'll spend about $450.00 on parts alone.

This is my formula and what I have on my Regal. Sounds good and runs great!! :D

Or for $550. you can buy mine and also get two cats welded into custom pipes and ceramic coating on the headman headers which alone cost almost $250 just for the coating which will keep underhood temps down and probably last alot longer.

I tell you if money wasnt so tight right now and I lived in NY it would be sold.
It looks like you might have a sale there.

Way to go!

It is a great bargin!

But if it doesnt go by Aug. Who knows.

Jim