You can type here any text you want

identifacation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickeh1

hi guys & girls,i live in Australia & recently bought a turbo & manifold that im hoping will fit a V6 buick that im running in my 64 EH Holden,i need to be able to identify what year & model the manifold-turbo came off & whether i can still use the buick distributor thats on the motor

Attachments

• DSCF1213.jpg
    DSCF1213.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF1211.jpg
    DSCF1211.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCF1212.jpg
    DSCF1212.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCF1214.jpg
    DSCF1214.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF1215.jpg
    DSCF1215.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 140
welcome!

that is an 84/85 Riveria HA manifold. provided you have a timing cover with a distributor hole it shouldnt be a problem to use the distibutor.

damn shame your in australia.... i could use one of those!

LOL

that should work for what your doing, but I might suggest a turbo swap as the exhaust housing on the turbine is kinda funky.

cheers!

A.j.

Pretty much told him the same thing on the other board Aj, except that he'd be better off find a turbo off one of the 84-85 Regals. I don't know how much room he's got behind the engine so he may need to relocate the turbo.

Pretty much told him the same thing on the other board Aj, except that he'd be better off find a turbo off one of the 84-85 Regals. I don't know how much room he's got behind the engine so he may need to relocate the turbo.

well short of the compressor cover and turbine wastegate, its identical.

so while I agree an 84/85 unit would probably be better... he might save a few bucks on the international shipping and customs if he nabs just a cover and wastegate elbow.

A.j.

Now that you brought it up I think all he'll need is the correct adaptor and the waste gate. I think that's pretty much the same turbo as the RWD cars. Where's Eric when you need him. LOL

thanx guys,all & any info i can get on this set up is great......does it run an intercooler.......new to turbos.....maybe even a wiring harness ...all the best & thanx again ..ps what turbo upgrade do you suggest

this setup was not designed to run an intercooler but wouldnt be hard to add if you keep it in the form it is now.

as for wiring, keep your eyes open on the classifieds here... they come for sale all the time.

for turbo, if you keep the system in the layout its in now.. any TA series turbo with a carbon seal would work.

:biggrin:A.J.

Back