Idles when cold, thats about it

This is going to take some time to sort out, ill work on it tomorrow after work. Is this stanard or auto trans? race fuel or pump gas? first fix your tps to about 9-12 get away from 21 . Max boost you intend to run? is fuel press set to 43 lbs?

Oh sorry about that. The car is as follows:
1988 Mustang GT
DSS Pro 306 (O-ringed block)
TrickFlow TW Heads (box stock)
TF Low Compressionm Pistons
TF Stage 1 Cam
-- Cam Specs:
-Duration @ .050 in. (Degrees): 221 intake/225 exha
-Cam Lift (Intake/Exhaust): .312 in./.319 in.
-Valve Lift -1.6 Rockers (Intake/Exhaust): .499 in./.510 in.
-Lobe Separation (Degrees): 112
ProTurbo Kits Gen I Kit (T-64E)
- External BOV and WG (9# spring)
FAST Bank to Bank w/ WB02
50# Injectors
3 Bar MAP (Should I go to a 2 bar?)
GT-40 Upper/Lower
70mm TB
TKO 5-speed

My fuel pressure was set to about 35#. Should I go higher?
I will adjust my tps. Is it ok that it only goes to 95 from the 21 it starts at?
Running a T-64E with a 9psi spring in the wg (bost controller is on the way). I would like to run ~14 psi on 93 octane and 20+ on 110.
This is a 93 oct tune.

I'll take a quick stab at this ...

A) Get your TPS setup so its in 10-14 range at idle.

B) Make sure your baseline fuel pressure is set according to how your injectors are rated.

C) Your AE fuel vs. TPS position is a flat line. Once TPS is resoved try setting it at a flat 75% enrichment from 0 to 21 then taper the graph as a straight line down to about -5% enrichment to 50% TPS.

Norbz unofficial FAST manual is somewhere on the net. I'm between computers a lot and jsst put a copy on my site for personal reference. Read over it if you havn't ...

http://jon.shoberg.net/CarStuff/FAST-EFI/Unofficial-FAST-Manual

Set the fuel pressure to 43 lbs hose off if it has a hose at idle. If you want to stay to about 18 psi max for the street use a 2 bar and write a program for 2 bar only. I basically had to change everything on this program. Start over on your fuel map, becuase as soon as you change the fuel pressure everything will be out to lunch. I have configured it to run in closed loop at idle. If it wont run change the a/f map to 13.5 idle or lower if it stalls. Put the program in and tell me how it goes, do a cold start log and log the following

actual a/f
coolant temp
map
rpm
cts correction
aft correction
iac position
o2 correction
base pw

Are you using dos or windows wp?

your program can be found at

http://www3.sympatico.ca/norbz/norbz.gct

good luck

First, let me say thank you very much.

Using C-ComWP. How long should I log for?

I just dropped the k-member today. Got a new oil pan gasket in the car. When I get up I will torque down the motor mounts, and get my tps a little lower. Once thats set, I wil post a few logs.

I actually have an extra 3-bar sensor. Think anyone would trade for a 2?

I would log it for about 10 minutes this way the engine should be warm enough. for the timing remove the little chip thing and set the timing to 10 degrees. I was kinda concerned to see you using 16 degree timing at idle

I am using PTE's harness. No chip thing. THe timing is set at 10 deg and the crank angle is set as well. When the spark table shows 20 deg, so does my balancer. Does that change anything?

EDIT
Feel free to contact me via AIM or e-mail as well.
AIM:MustangMike
E-mail: MustangMike@aol.com

thats fine as long as the timing shows correct. get some logs going!

My fuel pressure was set to about 35#. Should I go higher?
I will adjust my tps. Is it ok that it only goes to 95 from the 21 it starts at?
Running a T-64E with a 9psi spring in the wg (bost controller is on the way). I would like to run ~14 psi on 93 octane and 20+ on 110.
This is a 93 oct tune. [/B]

If the TPS is at 22, then, assuming it's correct vs the IAC, then 22 is the base %. You then set the max tps for idle to 23... NOT necessary to get the tps low if it's already correct. 95% is ok for WOT reading.. The FAST only needs to know what these numbers are. It does not require a specific setting.

If you are heading towards 20psi boost, do not remove the 3 bar map sensor. a 2 bar is out of resolution at 14psi...

A change in FP will not knock the VE map out of kilter. That may require some minor changes. That's what the O2 correction is used for. Overlay a datalog, look at the correction %'s, and correct the cells affected. Try to keep the VE values so the O2 corrections stay around +/- 5%.

Most all injectors are rated at 3 bars.... 43.5psi.

Back under my rock....:D

Thanks for the info. I got the TPS to around 18. Norbs has been helping me out tremendously via e-mail.

So drilling out the TPS so I could move it was not needed? Well, as long as its tight I dont see it being an issue.

I have an extra 2 bar I'll trade you for your 3 bar. Let me know if you want it.