You can type here any text you want

If you were given $10,000 to put into your car....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
....what would you do? Last night there was a show on the Discovery channel about street racing. On this show they took two cars, a Honda Civic, and a Eagle Talon DSM. They said somewhere in the show, that they put over $10,000 into that Civic (and it only did a 9.xx in the 1/8th mile, but then I read somewhere else that she eventually ran a 12.4 and blew up the motor :rolleyes:

So I was wondering, if you were given $10,000 to dump into your car, what would you do (also using the stuff that’s already on your car)?

On the show, they spent their money on both performance and body and suspension.

This is what I would do (most of these prices I got of RamChargers, some I got from Kirban’s and the other ones I got from the companies websites.):

1. Transmission from CK Performance capable of 650hp: $1949.00
2. V2 Front Mount intercooler: $869.00
3. Champion Ported Heads: $1399
4. 208/208 cam, lifters and valve springs: $221
5. GNX Rear Suspension: $1995
6. GNX style exhaust (with Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers): $389.76
7. Fender Louvers: $44.95
8. Baer Brake System* $800
9. New front suspension and body bushings: $171.98
10. 57 lb/hr injectors: $299.94
11. Nitto Drag Radials (275/60/15): $287.98
12. Paint: $2000

* The Baer Brake system I couldn’t find a price for G-bodies, so I took a stab in the dark.

Total: $10,327.61

And what would I be running? Low 11’s?

Hmm for 10 grand, i think i would spend about 5 on a very high quality paint job.

the rest, i think
Extra pair of GN rims with slicks
Alky injection
57# injectors just for a cusion
HRparts sway bar, uppers and lowers
Bilsteins
the rest goes to race gas
;)

$10,000 I would paint the car then take the rest of the money and put it in the bank to save for my garage for the car

$10,000? Hmmm....

For the Buick - Killer 109 setup, and rebuild the tranny

For the Chevelle - Paint, Body and Interior

For the RX-7 - Back-half, solid rear axle

I would do Zilch! I would buy a turbo beater to drive daily cause it is no fun having mine sit in the garage. :(

port heads and intake, 212/212 cam, 70mm TB , RJC girdle, stainless steel main caps, 72 pound injectors, te45A turbo, front mount IC, trans brake, can you say mid to high tens with that combo, and what i already have on my sig below. :)

Originally posted by wiked87gn
port heads and intake, 212/212 cam, 70mm TB , RJC girdle, stainless steel main caps, 72 pound injectors, te45A turbo, front mount IC, trans brake, can you say mid to high tens with that combo, and what i already have on my sig below. :)

But I thought "11'S IS FAST ENOUGH" ;)

Well for my car I got a TE-60 turbo, Ross TTA Racing Pistons, Ported the Heads, ATR Roller Cam Kit, Precision Plenum, 70mm TB, RJC Powerplate, Alky Kit, 3000 stall converter, THDP, 009 injectors, billet main caps, ARP rod bolts, ARP head bolts, ARP Main Studs, AFPR, Walbro 340 Pump, Ceramic coated the headers and turbo, and a few other misc items to make it look good and the labor from the machine shop put's me close to $8000 on mine and all I want is to run under 8 seconds in the 1/8 mile :) And I still need to do the body work

Hmmm....for the car, not a thing. It doesn't need anything.

But I could use stantions, carpeting, under body mirrors and a nice display sign for shows.

trans 2000-stage block 1500-bms crank 700-sbc rods 500-custom pistons 850-GN1 1200-billet roller 1000-BS turbo 1200-ATR headers 600-T&D rockers 600----thats $9200 can you say a stout motor by the way this is my build :D

1. Paint (it sucks)

2. New Tires (They look like a dried river bed, 1 looks like the San Andreas fault)

3. Walbro 340 (so I can install the rest of my fuel lines)

4. Radiator rebuilt ( I don't trust it)

5. Headliner (you know why)

6. Fix the 1 GN wheel or find a decent one or two (big rust blob)

7. New window tint (cheesy job on it now)

8. Car insurance (Wife says I can't drive the car until I quit smoking (not the tires, cigarettes!))

Killer stereo system, paint, heads, Simmons wheels, and suspension/brakes.

TA aluminum block, billet crank, TA heads, high dollar rods, then the machine work to make it ready to run, some kind of BIG BB turbo, FAST system with WB O2.....that's prolly $10k

Since I have most of the good bolt on stuff, I'd buy a new T/A aluminum block and internals and swap everything over.

Terry

10 grand--HMMMMMMMM!!!!!!past that a couple of years ago----i guess the next goal is to get to it to run:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Geoff

I'd buy Chris Chow's WE4 body and restore the car rightfully. :cool:

He can keep the Chebby motor. ;)

Or do $10K of bodywork and paint which might get her restored. :)

Back