Ignition Module / Coil Pack Assemble Question

dougie

I bought a new coil pack and ignition module. They came in separate boxes and need to be assembled. I've got the wiring diagram, so no problem there. But looking at them, the connector tabs on the coil pack will extend into the insulation goo or whatever it is inside the ignition module. When I connect the wires they will get smashed into it too. The goo will leave a fingerprint if I touch it but it seems pretty stiff. Is this right? Any tips to keep me from pinching a wire in there? Thanks.

Thanks. That is a lot of help. I think I would have screwed it up. I didn't realize you need to bend the terminals. So basically after connecting the wires you want to bend the terminal as far up towards the the coil pack as possible, right?

Thanks. That is a lot of help. I think I would have screwed it up. I didn't realize you need to bend the terminals. So basically after connecting the wires you want to bend the terminal as far up towards the the coil pack as possible, right?

Quoted from the link.... "The correct angle is achieved by first installing the female terminals onto the male spade terminals, then pushing them upward toward the coil pack, away from the potting sealant"

So the answer is.... YES... :)

GREAT thread, should be moved to the how-to.
I too was also like ":eek: wtf" when i got my first coil/module.

Where is the wiring info/diagram for the ign module to coil pack pack connections located?
Couldn't find it on gnttype or searching here... ???

you mean this ?
john spina (gnvenom ) aka casperselectronics posted these over the years

It's not exacty a "how to" Rick but I'm gonna leave it. It should help some of the guys if they have questions. Good info btw.