You can type here any text you want

Illinios Buicks Apple River Car Show Sat. 10/7

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dwall

Looking for a road trip on a nice day? I went the first (last) year. There is no shade on a warm day ...but all in all, a nice little show. Some fine cars. About a dozen BB Mopars (a club?) cruised into the parking lot but did not pay to show just after noon last year. The group included a SuperBird and of course a couple of the usual Ho Hum Hemis...lol.

Classes were divided up 50/50 Buicks and Non-Buicks with the 1980 and newer for turbo Buicks - there were two. The show ends early so you can enjoy the drive home. Cool weather for your turbocharger! :D

The weather:
http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/wxdetail/USIL0037?dayNum=2

A scan of the flyer attached. I'll try to find a few pictures from last year.

Attachments

• AppleRiverBUICKs2006-3.jpg
    AppleRiverBUICKs2006-3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 169
Damn, I was supposed to go to that too but, my wife had to work. I hear it is a good show for their second annual. Was just up there playing mini golf last Sunday. Talk about a beautiful day. The old guy that runs the joint is super cool. Side Tracks is supplying the food. Don't let that scare ya. Have Fun!!!

update?

Anyone know if this car show will be happening here again this year? Any updates would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IL_BUICKshow08.jpg
    IL_BUICKshow08.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 90
Thanks Bob. I'll be at this show. Met you and your wife at the Volo show this past summer.

Back