I'm looking to run low 12's

Brad_H

I'm looking to run low 12's or faster

Here's what I have so far:

Power logger, 2.2scanmaster, v5.7 chip, 86/87 ecm and smc alky, 3.5 ls1 maf+translator, 3" cold air intake, UEGO Inline controller, Taurus Efan, ported heads to match speed daddy headers, 3" downpipe, Casper knock gauge, vdo water and oil gauge, boost gauge, stock adjustable FPR, Walbro 340 pump+Hotwire, XPW Garrett turbo blanket, poly urethane body mounts, stainless steel fuel lines
leaving it Hot Air
Its a summer street car and I don't have to worry about emission testing :)

I have factory injectors in right now but I want to upgrade them. As far as I know the tranny is factory too.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Last edited:
I would take a guess and say you are already in 12's with proper tuning. Maybe low 12's with alky and proper tuning.

I would take a guess and say you are already in 12's with proper tuning. Maybe low 12's with alky and proper tuning.
Right on, anything else I should get to run quicker?
I'm new to turbo vehicles but am understanding pretty fast.
I'm thinking of going with 60lb injectors and a extender extreme chip.

Traction and low 60' is all you need brother. You're already there!

TurboTGuy thinks I should cut it the F loose

Upgrade the turbo and your there with some injectors.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Duttweiler did it with less. With your current setup, take your car to the track and learn. Put some 98+ Octane and run it at 13lbs. then take it up slowly. Tuning your car to run on the edge is key to making it run FAST. Read this article from front to back (Print these 4 pages and commit them to memory ;)). You have a advantage with your Turbo Tweak chip, alky and 340 pump. You also have headers and down pipe. Duttweiler ran 12's in 1985. He got 400 horse out of stock equipment on the dyno. Before you go and add 60lbs and extender extreme, learn your current setup. I will say it over and over, if you can tune Hot Air, you can tune anything. Ken Duttweiler is King of Buicks for a reason :)

Attachments

• ScannedImage.jpg
    ScannedImage.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 119
  • ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 106
  • ScannedImage-3.jpg
    ScannedImage-3.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 103
  • ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 98
Duttweiler did it with less. With your current setup, take your car to the track and learn. Put some 98+ Octane and run it at 13lbs. then take it up slowly. Tuning your car to run on the edge is key to making it run FAST. Read this article from front to back (Print these 4 pages and commit them to memory ;)). You have a advantage with your Turbo Tweak chip, alky and 340 pump. You also have headers and down pipe. Duttweiler ran 12's in 1985. He got 400 horse out of stock equipment on the dyno. Before you go and add 60lbs and extender extreme, learn your current setup. I will say it over and over, if you can tune Hot Air, you can tune anything. Ken Duttweiler is King of Buicks for a reason :)
Could you send the link of the article? I'm not having much luck finding it and it's hard to see

Save as jpg, then print and put in binder. I bought these reprints from HOTROD.COM in 1988, archives gone :( . Really nice article, Duttweiler had the car running 12.80 in 1985... Before the intercooler and alky on 17lbs of boost :). With modern technology, one possibly go 11.90 with some stock equipment and ALOT of TUNING (Duttweiler got over 410hp on dyno, however eh was using the stock 85 ECM:eek:.... Research Marka Gallina's car. It did break the 11's with blueprinted parts.... Research... and seat of pants at track will get you to your goals.

I plan to run e-85 and see how fast I can go with the stock setup. Ill probably open up the exhaust and crank the boost as car as it will go!