You can type here any text you want

I'm still here :)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

maverick

Hello fellas, just popping on the board for the first time in like what....8 months lol. Bruce called the other day, I should have the beast running soon apperantly.
Hope all you fellas are doing well, I'll check back in soon.

Mav.

P.S. Just for the record I would like to say GM F***ed up the 2007 GNX, the body style is all wrong, might as well buy a grand prix and put a GNX badge on it and save $20000. The engine may be good but I hate the body style, GM needs some new designers bad man.

maverick said:
Hello fellas, just popping on the board for the first time in like what....8 months lol. Bruce called the other day, I should have the beast running soon apperantly.
Hope all you fellas are doing well, I'll check back in soon.

Mav.

P.S. Just for the record I would like to say GM F***ed up the 2007 GNX, the body style is all wrong, might as well buy a grand prix and put a GNX badge on it and save $20000. The engine may be good but I hate the body style, GM needs some new designers bad man.

I wondered where you had gone.... are you getting excited yet or what? :D

car

Well I just took a break from the boards since my engine has taken way longer than expected. Now it's up to me to get Bruce more cash to finish it I guess. Sounds like once I get him the cash it should be done real soon from what he say's.
Goal for the car I don't really have one, I'll be happy if it can land somewhere in the 8's. I also know that I want to keep the power windows and stereo system in it. I am planning on driving it on the street 80% of the time.
I have 83lb injectors I may keep for that purpose, and swap the 160's for track time purposes.
It has the fiberglass hood and front bumper but that's all it has as far as non-stock body panels, so if the car is too heavy to hit the 8's then that will just be the way it is with it. I can't afford to be the full time racer with it, my pockets don't run that deep anymore. Heck, I may just end up selling it anyways all together :eek:

John Wilde said:
What turbo are you guys going to run?
It is a custom designed one that in size will be comparable to a PT-88. Spool up time should be 2x as fast tho. It cost me $2100 to have built.

maverick said:
It is a custom designed one that in size will be comparable to a PT-88. Spool up time should be 2x as fast tho. It cost me $2100 to have built.

Sweet! Who built it for you? :)

GT47 88, GT55 88, Y2K88, GTB 88 what are we talking about here?

John Wilde said:
GT47 88, GT55 88, Y2K88, GTB 88 what are we talking about here?
It is none of the above, it is basically totally experimental. A guy by the name of Dominic built it here in Michigan. It is not based on any of the above mentioned turbo's, blade pitch/trimm on compressor and exhaust wheels are his own set up/design based on the stage II engine. It is a dual scroll, for the price tag and experimentation I have a lifetime warranty on it.
I have only felt it at a 14 psi boost before I grenaded my former stage II.
It was real touchy, it seemed faster than how a stock turbo spooled up, just kind of freakish for a large turbo. Then again the porting of the heads can also have alot to do with spooling.

Back