in the market for a house

no-nos

hi guys, i'm in the market for a house but here in miami the average home is going for $350k-to-$400k and thats just for a 3 bed, 2 bath ( i wish i lived up north ) i would like to buy a home for $250k to $280k 3bed(4 would be great) 2 bath with a GARAGE, ( you got that blaze ) is there anything i should really pay close attention too? intrest rate, taxes?

any feedback from those who own homes would be greatly appreciated
blaze if you see this i know i'm asking alot here but see what you could find :redface:

Something that seemed interesting to me which I think was posted on another board was zillow.com for price compares using google maps. Not sure how valuable it could be but if your looking it could be a handy reference with other info your cathering.
HTH

Whatever you do, try your best to stick with a fixed rate mortgage. Adjustable and no interest loans are attractive to some buyers, but they almost always cost more in the long run.

If this is your first house I would suggest you buy as much house as you can afford right now. With a fixed rate mortgage, your payment will be the same for 15-30 years yet your salary will continue to go up during that time.

When U say North do u mean; Canada? North Miami? Lauderdale? Carolinias, NY? NJ? Maine
There is a lot o real estate north of you.

I would say check the area to see if you can find a job for what you can do unless you are independantly wealthy.

Next I would check the Net, Plan a trip to a location of the area of interest.

Remember the grass always looks greener on the other side until you get there.. There could be pitfalls to moving. Like not being able to sell & move back to Miami when you are are stuck up to your azz in 8 feet of snow. Or when rivers swallow up the roads like it is happening right now in NH/Mass

good stuff, so fixed rate, not adjustable. I will check thart zillow.com
and when i mean up north i mean maybe the tampa-sarasota area, you are absolutly right about the snow stuff with my situation i would be surely hampered. I had family in lebanon pa. but they moved to vegas, and i wish i was rich I have a great paying job ( elevator mechanic- local-71 ) which i could always put in a transfer but they would have to have the need first ( otherwise it's hit the bench time.)

good info, thanks guys :cool:

blaze where are you :confused:

Thats the problem with the Miami/Broward area,I have seen these folks that live in some of the homes going for $350-400K,they are hil-fu@kin -Billies...they bought these house's 6yrs ago for pre construction prices $110K-$150K,On my pay I could have owned 2 houses at one time < and not had junky cars on my front "lawn" sitting on milk crates like these folks,,jealeous ,f@ck yeah.......Pay in florida sux,my field here in Chicago $80K,in florida 50K but who can afford a $350K house on 50K.....Florida is screwed with house rich refugees.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Alright, I'm here. Sorry, I don't spend all of my waking hours on this site. (although my wife thinks I do) I'll send you a pm with some info :wink:

I'll sell you my house + 1600 sq ft garage if you want to move up to P'Cola area. :)

Blaze will do you right ,just prepare for about 4-5 listings a day...When I decide to move there he will get my business....
Dennis :wink:

no interest loans

dgreen1069 said:
Whatever you do, try your best to stick with a fixed rate mortgage. Adjustable and no interest loans are attractive to some buyers, but they almost always cost more in the long run.

I want to know where to get one of these "no interest loans". Sounds like a great new concept, and could catch on. :biggrin:

I guess you mean the intrest only, just tryin' to be funny ;)

BandAid said:
Blaze will do you right ,just prepare for about 4-5 listings a day...When I decide to move there he will get my business....
Dennis :wink:

Dennis, thanks for the kind words. I just sent him enough listings to keep him off the boards for a few days :biggrin:

I just sold out from Sarasota Tampa area about a year ago. The property went #1 in rising property in the nation. Average house cost (on the front page of all the local papers) is $330,000. You missed the train. Look in the panhandle. That is beautiful land also.

Blaze said:
Dennis, thanks for the kind words. I just sent him enough listings to keep him off the boards for a few days :biggrin:

HA! I'm back :D , j/k great info guys thanks for the feedback, DAM! $330k :eek: in sarasota-tampa thats about the same thing here
wow i wish i would have gotten my cash sooner. I saw some homes up in bradenton fl, and while there low and behold they had a car show where i meet a couple of buick-gm guys ( Frank and i can't remember the other guys name but his buick tag read BAD87GN? if correct, great looking gn ) really nice guys made me feel welcomed :) , thanks guys and sorry i could'nt make it back i went to bed and woke up about 9:30 and then i had to drive back.
and thanks for the help blaze

no-nos said:
hi guys, i'm in the market for a house but here in miami the average home is going for $350k-to-$400k and thats just for a 3 bed, 2 bath ( i wish i lived up north ) i would like to buy a home for $250k to $280k 3bed(4 would be great) 2 bath with a GARAGE, ( you got that blaze ) is there anything i should really pay close attention too? intrest rate, taxes?

any feedback from those who own homes would be greatly appreciated
blaze if you see this i know i'm asking alot here but see what you could find :redface:

Alot of good deals going on up here in PSL (Port St. Lucie).... Great Central locations with a lot of good things to come...

YES!! i can not find anything better than port st.lucie, the homes are very very nice and the properties have huge yards, I saw a home 4 bed-2bath 2400sq ft. pool and a football field size back yard for only $250k :eek:
if my union could transfer me around there i would do it, i was thinking of buying one and just renting it out just to lock-up the property and the price.
F-1 do you live in psl?