Infinite baffle folks step inside

BuickMike

Money pit
Although my setup is pretty well done, I still think back to how well it would work out if I do an infinite baffle setup, but every time I look in the trunk I feel like it will be a major PITA to seal it properly and completely lose interest. Anyone have any tips / tricks to setup a good dealing IB setup on our cars?

I wasn't anal about the install and it worked great for years with little to no equalization.

JBL makes a good speaker.

I have a 1st gen JBL 1000GTI. Not sure how just one 10" would work out, but you never know. Now I see that you put the baffle at the back side of the shelf on the bottom and it appears you also sealed it at the back of the package shelf at the top side. So my question is how did you seal around the trunk hinges and do you have pics?

I'd put one 10" JBL in a box which should fit nicely even under the package tray.

The car that IB. setup is in is under 5 feet of snow right now, I don't remember about the hinges probably not sealed there....

I have an 8" GTI 1st gen. sub. now in a box in the other car, and it needs a brother, but I have to custom build a box to fit the (2) JBL GTI800's in there and under the package shelf.

More bass in that car is a priority for late spring.

Yeah I've been told a single 10" IB is not going to cut the mustard. So I've had the 10" in a ported enclosure in the trunk and it was stupid loud, however I hate anything ported in the trunk of my GN. Boomy as hell and does not hit hard. That same sub in the same box in the back up my hatch hits stupid hard, whether it is in my WRX, my old CRX, hell even in the back seat of my trunk.
I have two 1st RF Audiophile 10" subs facing the rear in the trunk now. They used to be ported in there and it was horrible. Went reverse phase and it was better, but not hard hitting. I redid the box sealed and they were sounding better, but not right. Just the other day I tried switching them back to in phase. Low and behold they are much improved. I think I will stop screwing with this car and save my IB aspirations for my '59 LeSabre project.