Info for New Turbo Regal owners.

Welcome, I'm still new to TB's and never stop learning off of this site. Give back when you can and read on!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Good info. I have a 87 GN it makes 384 hp at the rear wheels. I would like to bring that hp number up to about 600.

I just recently bought me a 87 TTYPE and I'm very. Green to the whole thing but this is some helpful info

Quick question tho I recently have lost oil pressure and I had a new oil pump and spring installed and change oil and filter and still no oil pressure any suggestions in what could be wrong motor suppose to be fairly new build was running fine no problems no knock or nun just oil light come on and shut it down Crunk it back up lifters chattering ik from no oil so any help in area of problem

Could one of your oil coole rlines have been bent and causing a restriction? Or a restriction in the oil cooler (radiator)?

Looking forward to learning a lot! Thanks to the experienced for your time and efforts helping noobies like me!

image.jpg

Very cool.
You'll want to take your time. Do the spring cleaning. When you are ready to finally crank this thing over (if it will turn over). You'll want to remove the cam sensor and prime the oil pump first. What area do you live in?

Welcome to the site.:)
Mike Barnard

Reactions: Pin
Th
Very cool.
You'll want to take your time. Do the spring cleaning. When you are ready to finally crank this thing over (if it will turn over). You'll want to remove the cam sensor and prime the oil pump first. What area do you live in?

Welcome to the site.:)
Mike Barnard

Thanks for the info Mike!

I'm in Corona. Very knowledgeable about cars in general but I have heard of these particular cars can be a breed of their own and I just want to take all precautions to insure it's done properly.

Cool.
I'm in Huntington Beach. We just had a big Turbo Buick get together two weeks ago. Had about 180 people there.:)
Start a thread and post up some pictures in the new member section when you get a chance.

Mike B.

Cool.
I'm in Huntington Beach. We just had a big Turbo Buick get together two weeks ago. Had about 180 people there.:)
Start a thread and post up some pictures in the new member section when you get a chance.

Mike B.

I'll def post pics when I pick it up next Monday in Newport Beach. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next get together. I saw your phone # on your profile. Can I contact you for info of local Buick shops or mechanics you suggest? I really appreciate all the help.

No problem.
I work in Newport Beach almost every day. Let me know went you're going to pick it up. I might be able to stop by.

Mike B.

Spring cleaning. The things you'll want to do, to make sure that everything's in working order, before you go flogging the poor thing.
These cars make a ton of power, with a small engine. Things need to be set up correctly, or you'll hurt something. Here's the link for anyone who needs it.

http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

Spring cleaning. The things you'll want to do, to make sure that everything's in working order, before you go flogging the poor thing.
These cars make a ton of power, with a small engine. Things need to be set up correctly, or you'll hurt something. Here's the link for anyone who needs it.

http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize I needed 6 quarts of oil. Been running 5 and regular high mileage oil too. So, now I'm using
Castrol® Synthetic Oil 5W-30 with a AC oil filter and got rid of lifter noise too. Thanks again!!!!!

Throw that AC filter in the trash and get a WIX. Your engine will live much longer and you'll be happier.;) AC. Phram, and the old standards are junk most of the time so stick with the better ones now.

Thanks Guys, new owner of a GN that already had a few things done to it and i'm trying to catch up because honestly i still don't know what it all has or where to start.

thanks for all the love here fellas, I'm amazed at the vast resources to be found here...I've got a lot of reading to do but wanted to express my gratitude for all the hard work and superb info here...this is as good a resource as it gets...