You can type here any text you want

Info needed on Roller Rockers.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Oh I think I see what your saying, no, mine only have a stud that position the rocker arm. I think the "pedestal" your referring to is an aluminum adapter that allows you to run shaft style rockers. If I remember correctly that was an option from champion. I just realized that I've had these since spring 2011, not 2012... Also, I meant to tell you earlier that the scorpion rockers have a slight sewing machine sound to em. It's not too loud but it is slightly noticeable.

Yeah. That's what I needed to confirm. I see that Scorpion makes pedestal style rocker arms similar to their stud rocker arms. I was talking about those and not the shaft style pedestals. I actually just shipped a set of pedestals for shaft rockers for Champion 14bolt aluminum heads to someone. You definately answered by question. Thanks.

You need pushrod guide plates that go under the studs also. With stud mounted rockers you will need to use an adjustable pushrod checker to determine the correct push rod length for proper roller to stem geometry. Champion says 8.850 is the length for a stock deck and uncut head. I hope Champion is now supplying real ARP rocker studs. The studs that came with my heads in 2008 had breakage problems right after I installed them. My Scorpion rockers have had no problems to 6500 RPM with real ARP studs since then. Your T&D's for stock heads will not work due to the wider valve spacing and repositioning toward the center of the cylinder. The Scorpions do have a slight noise, but my 885 Comp lifters cover it with more noise than the rockers make.

You need pushrod guide plates that go under the studs also. With stud mounted rockers you will need to use an adjustable pushrod checker to determine the correct push rod length for proper roller to stem geometry. Champion says 8.850 is the length for a stock deck and uncut head. I hope Champion is now supplying real ARP rocker studs. The studs that came with my heads in 2008 had breakage problems right after I installed them. My Scorpion rockers have had no problems to 6500 RPM with real ARP studs since then. Your T&D's for stock heads will not work due to the wider valve spacing and repositioning toward the center of the cylinder. The Scorpions do have a slight noise, but my 885 Comp lifters cover it with more noise than the rockers make.

I have the pushrod guide plates. The studs I got from Champion do have ARP stamped into the fine threaded end. I have adjustable pushrods. Thanks for the info.

Back