info on dutt neck---postons

i just went to there website and looked before i posted here, couldnt find the link directly to the dutt neck. i looked for like 20 mins under tons of categories.

buickbert

That thing does indeed make a difference, I have never felt as much of a difference from any other mod as I did the first time I hit the gas after installing that.

thats why i couldnt find it, i looked under intercooler parts, engine and so on.

thx
for the link

buickbert

does it really give more power? hard to believe in such a little change,its not even the whole tube but just the head.

is anyone selling it?

basically you have to cut the original one and weld this one to the radiator?

always had doubts about this part,seems like an easy scam.

PS, so basically its the about same difference as changing a ECM chip?

does it really give more power? hard to believe in such a little change,its not even the whole tube but just the head.

is anyone selling it?

basically you have to cut the original one and weld this one to the radiator?

always had doubts about this part,seems like an easy scam.

PS, so basically its the about same difference as changing a ECM chip?

ive always heard that the part was worth it, now its time to upgrade my ic a little and dont want to buy a new one$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ as far as i know you just remove the ic, cut off the neck and weld on the new one and re-install the ic, :D not the radiator :D

buickbert

let me know if you felt a difference and if its worth it.

can you solve the problem with my car hesitating? i have a thread about it here in details

buickbert said:
ive always heard that the part was worth it, now its time to upgrade my ic a little and dont want to buy a new one$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ as far as i know you just remove the ic, cut off the neck and weld on the new one and re-install the ic, :D not the radiator :D

buickbert

When I installed mine I gained 2LBS of boost from the extra flow from the new neck.

Kirban performance has it for $68.95.

If you do weld it to the radiator and the coolant temp drops that should be worth some hp also. :biggrin:

Scott

I don't see why you would think the Dutt neck is a scam. Airflow is a wee-bit important when it comes to a turbo car. The less air that can get through the intercooler, the less air makes it up to the plenum. You can put on the biggest turbo in the world, but it'll still be trying to go through the 2in intercooler neck unless you replace it with the larger one.

All I can say is that I'm always hesitant to say I really gained any power from a mod, because I know how easy it is to THINK that something gave you more power, when it's really all in your head. But when I did this swap, I noticed it.

And for the $60-80 it sells for, it isn't much of a "scam" even if it didn't do anything. I could see if it cost hundreds of dollars.

And yes, it is as "easy" as removing your IC and swapping the necks, but you better make sure you weld that neck on as best you possibly can. If you somehow disrupt the airflow through there while doing the job yourself and end up thinking it's a bad mod, it's not the part's fault. As much as I didn't have 200 bucks to spare at the time, I sprung for a stock IC with it already installed.

I just put mine on and noticed the difference. I gained 2 pounds of boost and even after lowering it back down it seems stronger. More air flow is always good.

The immediate gains you'll likely get is from cooler air charge at same "boost"(from less pressure drop). Hence cooler air=more mass & allows more fuel to be added & allows more HP generation. The main value is "down-the-road" when you can shove more air & fuel into it via other mods.

2#'s boost may well be worth 30hp or so, but you've got to be able to both get it & use it. You may well gain 1.5-2.0# boost--but have to turn it back down to where you were before--assuming you were already properly tuned at your boost limit. The cooler air charge, however, remains "priceless"!

Yep, +1 to duttweiller necks. Seat-of-the-Pants meter said "that was worth it." Best part you can get for around 50 bucks in my opinion. Not sure if you guys have your cars set up a bit different, didn't notice a difference in the amount of boost it built but instead in the quicker spool up and the harder the boost seemed to come on.

Did a little reading and i guess the pressure drop from the increased airflow means the turbo doesn't have to work as hard to make 16# in the intake. I'd do it unless you have the $ for a fmic. ;)

picked up about .15 with it.....downside is that 1-2 lbs of boost puts you over the edge and you have to add a little octane or detune a bit......i prefer to add the octane. good mod, find one already installed on a lo mile intercooler and swap yours out......store the original. i picked up a dutt neck stock cooler out of a 16000 mile car for $175.00 from the board. no regrets