You can type here any text you want

Injector I.D.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BFlat

Any idea what injectors these are? Don't think they're striped. Looks like that because the paint has worn off.
I'm guessing they're stock, but I've been wrong a lot of times before.
Injectors.jpg

dose it really mater?
If its time for a new chip its time for new injectors, If it time for injectors it time for a new chip.
And don't forget a hot wire fuel pump fuel pressure regulator.
and a simple question you ask you thought would get off cheep HA HA jock is on you

I have a TT 91 street chip for stock injectors. If these are stock, I won't replace them for awhile.
If they aren't, I'll do as you suggest.
And - I'm not wearing a jock.

HAHA I guess the joke is on me , my spelling is so bad spell check doesn't understand me either
looks to be stock mostly because the OE zip tie is in place
TT 91 chip is just perfect thought you might have a old Kenny Bell chip like my car had 15 years ago with OE injectors
when its time for upgrade Eric will rewrite your chip for new injectors. At that time you need to look into a full fuel system overhaul

Ha! Blame it on spell check ;-). First thing I did was to get a scanmaster and TT chip. Like you, there was a Kenne Bell 9006U in there. When I do the pump, hotwire, chip and injectors, do I have to do all of that at the same time? If not, what would the order be of installing those upgrades individually over time? The car won't be making any 1/4 mile passes. Probably won't ever have maximum load/boost on it in 3rd gear.

If its just a Saturday night cool ride and boost stayed under 15 you will be OK.
When the pump stops working or you have KNOCK at any boost level go back to TT and get a pump and Hotwire
Knock comes when pump can't keep up. Week pump or low voltage ,or both.
Low voltage is hard on the pump.

Thanks for all the replies. That's (salvageV6 pic) what's in there. Found the matching 927 number on mine. So - they're 37 years old. Probably past the prime of life. Coil pack still has "2/3/87" marked on the top, so guessing it might be good to replace also. Think I have a time capsule here.

If it were me, I would do the hotwire kit and the fuel pump first. If the pump is old/original Bosch you could have a problem at just about any boost level. Nothing wrong with the stock injectors for now, as long as you have the TT chip for them and they're not plugged up. Change your fuel filter too, if you haven't already. You'll be all ready for new injectors and a chip reburn when you're ready.

Back