You can type here any text you want

Injector sizing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

What is the most logical injector size for my combo.Looking to replace the stock injectors and want the most from my current combo.Thanks,ikle.

with only stock turbo and 17# not worth it until you upgrade the turbo or turn the boost up

I say Motron 60's and grow into them. Looks like you've spent alot of dough!:biggrin: Like Blue-T said. A bigger turbo and some head work along with a Alky kit would bring the car to life! It's just money!:biggrin:

First of all I would like to thank all you Turbo Buick member for helping me figure out these cars,the info is priceless,but lately I have been experiencing high BLM's(144) and the smell of fuel in the oil so I decided to pull the plugs.All the plugs look the same except cylinder #4,it looks to be running lean so I think I have an injector problem.Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the computer take the average A/F ratio of all 6 cylinders by using the info taken by the O2 sensor and since I verified that cylinder #4 is running lean the computer thinks all 6 are running lean so it adds fuel to get the A/F ratio back into range.So I actually have 5 really rich cylinders and 1 lean cylinder which could be washing out the cylinders causing the fuel to be contaminating the oil.That's why I am considering replacing the stock injectors,what do you guy's think,am I on the right track or am I missing something here.Any info would be great,Thanks,ikle

First of all I would like to thank all you Turbo Buick member for helping me figure out these cars,the info is priceless,but lately I have been experiencing high BLM's(144) and the smell of fuel in the oil so I decided to pull the plugs.All the plugs look the same except cylinder #4,it looks to be running lean so I think I have an injector problem.Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the computer take the average A/F ratio of all 6 cylinders by using the info taken by the O2 sensor and since I verified that cylinder #4 is running lean the computer thinks all 6 are running lean so it adds fuel to get the A/F ratio back into range.So I actually have 5 really rich cylinders and 1 lean cylinder which could be washing out the cylinders causing the fuel to be contaminating the oil.That's why I am considering replacing the stock injectors,what do you guy's think,am I on the right track or am I missing something here.Any info would be great,Thanks,ikle

You have the right idea how the o2 correction works but to be so rich that fuel is getting by the rings, the car would hardly run at all.

Do you have a pcv?

Have you done a compression check?

TurboBuRick I do have a pcv valve but I also had a inline check valve that I removed but havent run the car since removing.I read that these inline check valves have caused high BLM's problems.I been checking vacuum lines for leaks and found a few,checked intake for leaks with carb cleaner and found none.I also did a compression test but I did it with a cold engine my numbers are as follows:
#6 118 #5 119
#4 115 #3 115
#2 120 #1 120
Thinking I should upgrade the injector's and go from there, what do you think? Thanks,ikle.

The check valve would not cause high blm's. Maybe low but not high.

If the o2 is good and the grounds on the back of the head are tight, high blm's usually means too much unmeasured air is getting into the motor or there is a exhaust leak where outside air hitting the o2.

The injectors are not a bad investment but don't expect it to be a fix all. Still may have to dial some things in.

The good news is we will be here for you! ;)

The biggest injectors that your current fuel pump will supply will be the 55#'s (at 100 % dc and 25 psi) or 60#'s at ~90% duty cycle with 25 psi boost.

so what size injectors should I get,I plan on running Alky next year,but for now I am just trying to get this car running right.Thanks,ikle.

The check valve would not cause high blm's. Maybe low but not high.

If the o2 is good and the grounds on the back of the head are tight, high blm's usually means too much unmeasured air is getting into the motor or there is a exhaust leak where outside air hitting the o2.

The injectors are not a bad investment but don't expect it to be a fix all. Still may have to dial some things in.

The good news is we will be here for you! ;)

My BLMs are in the 140s as well. Would a cracked DS header cause high BLMs?

so what size injectors should I get,I plan on running Alky next year,but for now I am just trying to get this car running right.Thanks,ikle.

55# or 60#, flip a coin.

I'd say 55, just because you'd have more fuel pressure margin than with 60's.

Back