Injectors for mid 11's

PigGuy

I'm planning on purchasing a PT-52 and I'm aiming for mid-low 11's.

People seem to reccommend the 009's and some say to just go with the 60lb injectors.

I don't have a chip yet, and haven't driven the car in a few years. When I was last at the track there was a guy who offered to burn me a chip (he knew what he was doing for sure). I haven't been to the track since I put the car away and before I buy the 60lb injectors, I'm wondering, are they commonly used enough that a chip would be easily made? Are there any downsides to using the 60lb injectors instead of the 009s?

I 3rd that..

no less than 50's for sure and of course either the TT or Extender chips.

60s all the way !!! TT also .. May want a "dash" of Alky to push them into the 9's :p 60's rock !!

Get Razor's Alky Control Kit also and make it a package deal, 60# injectors, turbo tweak chip and alky. Do it right, the first time and save money in the end.

Chuck

I have been daily driving the 60s for about 3 years now with no complaints.
I would not buy any other injector for a real street buick v6.

Just in case your not sure which way to go?!? I also recommend the 60's and a TT chip from Eric.

4 years ago, i went 11.60s on a very street friendly tune w/ 50s.
hell it was my Daily Driver while in High School!!!

nuther vote for the 60#ers and tt chip. car had a rough idle when i bought it and i added the 60 # mototrons, tt chip, ls1 maf and maf trans all at once. After that the car ran as smooth as ever!! best combo of mods ive done thus far.

And yet another vote for 60's and Turbo Tweak chip, excellent idle and the car just runs so good with this combo with room to grow if need be.

turbojd- In your signature you have 60/65 injectors what are those? Just wondering? I have no driving time with 60s but I know w/ the 36# blue tops and the 49 it was not enough:smile:

60's and extender plus here. 10.90's on race gas, no alky on an unopened long block.
I've always wanted to try a TT chip, but the extender is working well for me.

Scott