injectors??

RGS87GN

can anyone recommend some injectors for me? the car makes 457hp and 575ft lbs w the convertor locked. its got a smaller turbo running 30-31lbs on methanol. the previous owner had 85psi injectors and im told they are way way too much for the basic combo ive got. thank u all

can anyone recommend some injectors for me? the car makes 457hp and 575ft lbs w the convertor locked. its got a smaller turbo running 30-31lbs on methanol. the previous owner had 85psi injectors and im told they are way way too much for the basic combo ive got. thank u all

I know guys making 700+hp using 72lb injectors, but I'm no expert:)

I think 60lb will do...but wait on some more experience to chime in:smile:

Do you know your injector duty cycle %?
If it isnt broke...dont fix it. I see no downside to having the 85's in. Smallest I'd go is 72/75's on a car intended to be modified. High Z(ohm) 79/80s are nice too, for stock unmodded ecm cars. I use 60's in stockers so they can add on mods later and still have enough injector for the 11 second power range.

$.02....

Suggest you calculate inj needs using FWHP, not RW...Too many variables.
460RW, mite be 525-550 at the fw..
You say meth fuel... Is that injected w/ gas, as in alky inj, or as the primary fuel??

If it's gas, the math points to what jamz posted. [Actual calc shows 64.7#/hr].
You could use a set of 60's and run them at a fp of 60# base,[now flowing @ 70.5#/hr], or go to the 75's.

just like FOX News....We report, you decide!:D

sorry i should have clarified. its just methanol injected. im not %100 sure but i remember it being mentioned that the duty cycle was very low. the car runs great once u get moving but if you floor it from a dead stop itll go no where. thats after being tuned by the best.