You can type here any text you want

Inline Pressure Reduction Fixed Fitting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Does anyone know of an inline brake line pressure reduction fitting of a fixed amount or value....?

Looking for something to go quickly in-line with an adjustable valve, 10-50% range would be fine if available.

Hopefully with NPT or 1/4" brake line fittings or perhaps steel compression.

I can't find any listed but I'm sure someone has to make them.

TIA :cool:

Ok let's try this one again. :cool:

What's the biggest size tire I can fit out back on a T.R.? ;)

You are looking for an adjustable proportioning valve, available from e-bay, Jegs, Summit, anywhere from $35 to $85

Already got one adjustable, I just want to add to it a fixed percent without another adjustable in line with the first one.

Mine is at max. reduction now.

Wondering if the valve can be modded or even re designed to give more reduction. We should get with Rick Elam on this.

RL

Hey Guys :)

An adjustable prop valve will limit up to 57% of our input pressure. What issues are you having? Is the rear still wanting to lock before for the front?

Yes I want to reduce about 10-20% less from full off of the valve and allow for some actual adjustability instead of full off.

It's passable as is I guess....

Using a N/A Regal setup from 1987 I believe, vacuum.

I'm not putting two valves inline either. :eek:

Hey Scott,

Changing the master is a way to limit line pressure, but will have an effect on the entire system. It would not be a good choice if you are just trying to tone the rear down a little, as it will effect line pressure up front as well. Glad to see you are feeling better and posting! Let me know when you get in the saddle again, I will take care of you on a system for the new car :)

So you are trying to limit it by an additional 10-20% over the 57% the prop valve is doing? For the hell of it you might put a line pressure gauge in the calipers just to check pressure and see what is going on. Make sure that prop valve is working properly?

If all is ok, I would think you might want to play with pad compound. Use a more aggressive (higher friction) or change out the rear to something different. Many people will "tune" brake bias with pad compound.

I need a new rear rotor too.

Do you have the service thickness on the Baer rear rotors for the 12" iron sport kit?

I was calling Bill Koppinger today to order it but he wasn't in and your line was like perpetual hold. :p

I hope they come off easy and are sericeable...

I didn't put the kit on so I have no idea what it looks like back there.

If I get mad enough I'll just hammer over the rear line a little more.. :eek: ;)

$157.00 for a rotor plus shipping, zinc washed slotted.

The Baer valve I added is working since it's much better out back, not sure about the factory distribution one, no lights on however and we did follow the Baer procedure for the install.

late 80's Chevy Celebrities- and probably some other cars with that stupid diagonal brake plumbing setup- have pressure reducers that screw into the master cylinder where the rear lines go in.. i don't know what kind of reduction they offer, but it's a place to start.

Sorry Salvage, with most of the guys gone today it has been a mad house! Were you able to order it? If not call me Tuesday, or PM me info and I will call you and get you taken care of and we can talk about servicing the rotors.

There are a couple of bolts that hold the caliper to the bracket, remove those and pull the rotor off.

There is one other possible solution you might try. I remember dune buggys having a lever that clicked into different positions to change the bias in the brakes. That may do it for ya.:)

There is one other possible solution you might try. I remember dune buggys having a lever that clicked into different positions to change the bias in the brakes. That may do it for ya.:)

that's just another form factor for the knob style adjustable proportioning valve that is used in applications where you want the driver to be able to dial a certain amount of brake pressure in or out really fast without keeping track of how many times he turns a knob.

Rick, is there any chance your prop valve could be redesigned or modded to allow more reduction? I know you guys are good over there. :cool:

RL

I will double check the lever valves to see what their max. reduction is but it's probably around the same 57%.

Most of the valves are the same one Baer sells with generic or company logos on them.

It's a quality piece but universally sourced so I doubt Baer designed it or can modify it easily.

I will call back tuesday and place the order and hopefully get the service width on them too.

I'm not sure why my mechanic didn't just pull the rotor and turn it when he put the new pads in but that's another story hopefully they are easily serviced rotors?

A 70% valve with similar quality would be ideal. :cool:

Here's a pic. of the Baer Prop. valve I installed on Christmas morning.

I still need another 10% reduction or so, so someone find me a good fitting that will work. :cool:

Got the rotor ordered and of course it wasn't in stock so a few days delay to make it slotted, not drilled, and ship it.

I still didn't get the service width on the Baer Iron Sport rotors, maybe some day I've only asked 3 people there. :p

BaerPropValve2.jpg

Wondering what would happen if you stacked another one of the same valves on. Would it give another 57% reduction? Hmm.
think.gif

Back