You can type here any text you want

Inline Pressure Reduction Fixed Fitting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey Salvage,

Did I talk to you? If so I thought you said SS4 rear on the phone, not Ironsport?

If we did talk you never asked min. thickness specs? PM me your name and number and I will call you in the morning.

You are correct on the valve, we do not manufacture these and we would not be able to modify them. The lever valves (we used to sell these a long time ago), I believe have the same total adjustment percentage.

Thx!

Uh Oh, its the single piston Ironsport simple system with E-brake.

PBR caliper I am not sure what an SS4 is?.

I am on the road today but I will PM my cell #.

Thanks for looking at the thread too. :smile:

I am sure two valves in series would work, and look worse than stuff I usually install. :p

I probably won't do that but there may be a fixed inline fitting I can use or make, maybe a plugged up NPT fitting inline with the adjustable valve.

Most valves offered I've seen are 50-57% reduction.

New rotor is ordered and in stock, and going out today thanks for the help Rick!!!

Service for the .810" rotor is cut down to .710", then basically run it until there's an issue from that thickness.

You can run them past the slotted thickness which is a number I forgot already. :p

No problem! :) Sorry about the error.

We normally slot them at .030 a side, so you can go well past the slots.

Got the new rotor on and discovered what ate the other one, it wasn't a completely worn down pad from the first set but the second set one pad in backwards on the outside of one side.

Oh well, at least it pointed me to the prop. valve needed issues and that got installed, no more spinning around in the rain.

New rotor, which I should have taken pictures of it's so nice, was easy to install.

They do get tight on the hub however and PB Blaster and side to side top to bottom yanking method from behind was needed to loosen it up to get it off.

I'll post pics. of the eaten rotor, well one side is, soon.

All's well that ends well I guess. :)

Thanks to Rick at Baer for all the help, gonna pm him about at least me paying half the shipping on the first rotor.

Glad to hear you got it all figured out!

Don't worry about the freight, it is on us. I am glad to hear you got it together. If you ever need anything else feel free to contact me direct!

Thx!

On the road, well never left the road actually, but on the road noise free and safe.

Metal on metal is no way to make a brake system. :eek:

After bedding the pads again in the back with the new rotor, I think the 57% reduction is fine from about an 8-10 mph lockup test, fronts then rears, sweet. :cool:

Now I can save up for a headliner, it was COLD this morning, but very quiet. :)

Thanks again to Rick for monitoring the thread and getting me the right part quickly from AZ.

Special thanks to fedex too for not messing up the process.

Here's some pics. of the bad rotor, bad side and good side.

I guess metal on metal isn't a good way to try to stop your car. :p

All's well that ends well. Panic stops are much better/safer with the reduction valve in there.

BaerRotorBadSideCloseup.jpg

BaerRotorGoodSideCloseup.jpg

Got the new rotor on and discovered what ate the other one, it wasn't a completely worn down pad from the first set but the second set one pad in backwards on the outside of one side.

I would be talking with whoever installed that item, unless of course it was a multiple porkchop induced owner install, had to have been raising hell since install !

Yeah it's my local guys, but since I bring my own parts there and they put them on and I ignored the scraping for a day or two you know how all that goes......

They have done a ton of things for me very reasonable so the overall additional $180.00 cost pales in the overall work scope over 25 years.

It pointed me to installing the prop. valve too, so I guess that's an important lesson learned especially before we get snow here in CT.

I won't be doing circles trying to stop in the stuff. :)

I will mention it the next time I stop in though, I have a few tires to be dismounted and disposed of I'm sure that could be a freebee. ;)

Luckily the pad was still good and it fared a lot better than the rotor.

The Baer compound and pad backs are both black and are a bit hard to see, not making any exucses though.

Back