Installed an oil catch can today

Hi Pronto, Do still connect to the PVC even if you used a check valve in the line? And if you do still use the PVC why use a check valve in the line? Thanks
i have tried about 20 PCV valves and NOT ONE made a positive stop thats why i use a PCV valve and a check valve.

Yes, the PCV is still functioning. Again, the check valve is there to prevent boost from backing up into the engine block through the PCV line. PCV valves do not seal the engine off well. Even if there is no oil catch can a check valve makes good sense. Other vacuum lines off that block have them in the lines from the factory. They never used one on the PCV line from the factory.

Yes, the PCV is still functioning. Again, the check valve is there to prevent boost from backing up into the engine block through the PCV line. PCV valves do not seal the engine off well. Even if there is no oil catch can a check valve makes good sense. Other vacuum lines off that block have them in the lines from the factory. They never used one on the PCV line from the factory.
Do you recall where did you get the US Plastics check valve?
Is it located in the 90* threaded hose fitting? Thanks

Ya, the check valve is hidden behind the spark plug wires.

Here is the number one reason you want to run a catch can.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 626
Just think with no pcv and catch. This stuff would be in the oil. That's why I am so pro pcv. I obviously have some coolant leakage. Prolly a leaky head gasket. Even more reason to run a pcv and catch. Also Nice to have a indicator something is wrong. I can rectify the problem before any serious internal damage.

Motor coming out. This is like a yearly ritual.

Do a lot of people run catch cans?
1Kicksix are you going between the MAS and air filter to vent the valve covers ?

Do a lot of people run catch cans?
1Kicksix are you going between the MAS and air filter to vent the valve covers ?

Nope, you want to be sure it is connected downstream (after your mass air flow sensor or you will foul it out with oil contamination).

Both valve covers are vented with -10AN fittings from Metco inserted into baffled grommets which have been opened up to releive backkpressure , -10AN 90's ,then 5/8" ID heater hose (same ID as -10AN Push Lok Hose , but less $).....these are T'd together & run into the catch can.....then wind its way back into the MAF pipe, 1/2 way between the turbo inlet and the MAF sensor. This is the same routing the factory passenger valve cover was vented.

That is right. it was in the bell of the turbo mouth
That air should be nice and clean going through a catch can.
CorkSport clams no PVC needed with there can.I like there thought on how it works it relies on intake forward of the throttle plate

I have already deleted the valve cover to turbo hose due to all the oil it put into the intercooler and throttle body. I discovered oil in the PCV valve and tube as well. I have some US Plastics check valves and am looking into a cheap catch can. This is one I found on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121041888272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I figured the transparent reservoir will make it easier to know when to empty it. Thoughts?

I have already deleted the valve cover to turbo hose due to all the oil it put into the intercooler and throttle body. I discovered oil in the PCV valve and tube as well. I have some US Plastics check valves and am looking into a cheap catch can. This is one I found on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121041888272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I figured the transparent reservoir will make it easier to know when to empty it. Thoughts?
Just make sure it wont break under pressure..

Not a fan of those. The plastic gets ugly looking. I prefer a can that can be unscrewed apart to empty. Most of the cheap cans have no filtering so you got to put something in it or it will won't work as well as others. Conceptual Polymer has a good tech page on how catch cans should work. I've seen two sites that make cans out of PVC but they look like a cobbled piece of plumbing that someone slapped on. There's not a ton of room for these so a smaller size is helpfull. Also some use a drain so you need to be able to access the valve.