You can type here any text you want

installed sub, stereo won't turn off?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
I finished installing my subwoofer last night, and now, after my drive to work, when I shut the car off, the stereo stays on?!?!?

The only thing I could think of, is my signal wire isn't telling the amp to turn off, but I tested it before I wired it, and with the ignition off, there was no power?

The extra wierd thing, is it's not just my amp anymore. My entire stereo stays on. Head unit and all?

I only spliced into the wire behind the deck that turns on/off with the iginition... Anyone ever seen that before?

Thanks

Tom

Check to make sure that you don't have any loose wire strands jumping the battery connection and the remote turn on together on the amp.

Sounds like you have the turn on wire on a constant hot!

prob constant hot

i agree with the constant hot theory put a test light on the splice and when you turn the ign on the stereo should go on as the ign is off it should go off. you might have spliced into the power for the cig lighter by accident i think it's a constant hot the rca turn on shouldn't be the problem as it turns on when the radio sends a signal to the amps to turn on. the prob is most likely with the power to the radio

Back