You can type here any text you want

Installed XFI...wastegate solenoid clicking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSDGN

I just installed XFI last weekend...when I fired the car up I heard this clicking and found out it was the wastegate solenoid...it sounds like an injector clicking but much louder...what is causing this?...is it a setting in XFI or is the solenoid bad?...I unplugged it and the car seemed to run OK...only idled it so not sure what would happen under boost with it unplugged...anyone else run into this?

Boost control map set at 00 at 10%tps/0 mph?? I think NEthing higher will cause the solenoid to cycle.

Like Chuck Said, ck your boost control settings. The map comes defaulted with values already. Are you using the factory solenoid? PM me and I will give you my contact #.

I'm not using the stock solenoid so do I set all the values in the table to zero to disable it?...is there another way to just disable the table?...

How about..

I'm not using the stock solenoid so do I set all the values in the table to zero to disable it?...is there another way to just disable the table?...

letting us know what solenoid you do have?

Sorry...I have the stock solenoid but not using it for boost control...I use a bleeder valve...would it just be easier to leave the solenoid unplugged and leave the boost control table alone?...I had it plugged in...even though I wasn't using it...previously with Trans+ and stock ECM...I believe it would have coded without being plugged in...

Back