You can type here any text you want

Installing brake accumulator bowl

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
How do I install the new accumulator? Do you just grab it and start twisting. Do I put a socket on the nut on the end. Thats what it looks like its for but some did not have the nut on the end. Is it hand tight? Thanks for any advice.

pump your brake pedal 10-20 times 1st !!

that will remove any residual pressure in the accumulator.
then use a wrench to loosen the ball, and unscrew it, be careful not to spill/drip, as brake fluid will remove paint!!!!!!!
check O ring on the new one to make sure its there and ok,
then simply screw it on, snug it up tight, no idea on torque specs, but don't go over board.
key on - let it build pressure, start and check to see if your guess as to what was wrong was correct.:biggrin:

Do I put a wrench on the nut on the end of the bowl? The only reason I ask is that some of them did not have them. So dont know if thats what its for.

Turn key off. Pump brake pedal at least 10 good pumps to deplete the pressure in the system. Then just unscrew the ball. Use a wrench if it has that provision.

Unscrewing it before releasing system pressure, and you'll be in for a NASTYY surprise.

Back