You can type here any text you want

Installing Turbo Charger

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Realspool

I have my Te-44 turbo off,exhaust manifold off,I was wondering what would be the best way to install the turbo in order knowing that I am going to use the Ultra copper for turbo to exhaust manifold,since both are off could i just install the turbo on the pipe and just torque it down, then bolt it to the crossover? or should i just bolt the exhaust manifold to the crossover then install the turbo???I want to make sure a good seal is made so I don't want to redo the turbo install because it was leaking before with a junky copper gasket.As far as the ultra Copper is it true that too much is not good and just a simple bead around the bolt holes and around the turbo to exhaust manifold surface is better??Does a little bead of Ultra sillicone make for a better seal??? Thanks for any replies!! :D

For ease of installation I would put the header on the car with crossover.

Then I would use a composite turbo Riviera gasket between the turbo and the header.

Problem should be solved.

Since both are off the car now you can and should check the turbo flange for flatness as well as the header.

Many don't use any gasket when both surfaces are truely flat as done with the factory install.

Good luck. :)

Yeah, put the header on first, but first check for flatness.

No gasket here and the seal is perfect.

Hey Salvage, I've tried my loacl Buick dealer and GM Parts Direct but neither have the Turbo Riviera gasket. Do you know where I can get one? Thanks.

Originally posted by WH1
Hey Salvage, I've tried my loacl Buick dealer and GM Parts Direct but neither have the Turbo Riviera gasket. Do you know where I can get one? Thanks.

any auto parts should be able to get it
Felpro 60394

went to the dealer seems to be no longer avaliable.

had to revive this thread...

i tried searching the part number 1261269 for the Riviera gasket on GMpartsdirect.com and it doesn't come up...did they discontinue this gasket??? do any part stores have something similar?

I go to the bargain depot or harbor freight and pick up a 6" sharpening stone for about $4. Then lap all the surfaces flat in a cross hatching pattern. You can basically see if and where they will leak and correct it.

If the low spots won't lap out, there is a good chance they will cause problems.

Back