You can type here any text you want

Insurance Expert Needed please help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

musclecar neal

Engine Builder
last monday i was unloading a tool box from my truck in my driveway of my home when it slid and fell backwards. it caugt my left pinky between the edge of the trucks tailgate and the top back edge of the tool box. the box was around 500 pounds and won the battle with my finger. it was partially amputated near the base of the finger :eek:

yes it hurt. after 5 hours of micro surgery to repair the nerves, ligaments, muscle, skin and all the other parts along with the shattered bone, the surgeon ( a great man) said it would not be until today to see if i was going to keep the finger or not.
well he says yes but i might need a skin graft as one part of the skin in dead and black:eek:

my question is i have no health insurance

will my homeowners insurance or my car insurance help me in this situation . they are both with the same company , nationwide. does anyone have experience with this. please help.

neal

aka pinky

OUCH! Sorry to hear about PINKY.

I am no expert here but would tend to say
that since you were at home on your property
that the claim should go to the HOME owners policy.

I say this because the car was parked & injury was not
sustained in a moving vehicle.

As for same insurance company It is good & bad.
they probably would fight tooth & nail if they were different
companies.
Being the same company might not be to good either but call them up & give them a try.

Your homeowners doesnt cover your injuries... Youre in florida so medical coverage is not manditory on your auto policy but you may have it and anything in and arising out of your auto IS COVERED... contact your auto insurance company, they will probably be able to help...

thanks for the help guys. i spoke to the insurance people before the post and they were kind of clueless. i spoke to another person there today and he says the pip should cover it. too bad its going to be more than the pip coverage that they offer here (10,000).

anyone else have any experience

neal

Originally posted by musclecar neal
thanks for the help guys. i spoke to the insurance people before the post and they were kind of clueless. i spoke to another person there today and he says the pip should cover it. too bad its going to be more than the pip coverage that they offer here (10,000).

anyone else have any experience

neal

Yes PIP does cover it... nope after that youre screwed... sorry dude

thanks, they came back and said yes on the PIP. i hope it's not going to kill me on the costs.

man this hurts:(

Originally posted by musclecar neal
thanks, they came back and said yes on the PIP. i hope it's not going to kill me on the costs.

man this hurts:(

not surchargeable... dont worry about your insurance rate... (unless your company really sucks)

Back