You can type here any text you want

Insurance revisted

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WakkoSS

I'm looking around at insurance, as I'm paying $2400 a year with Liberty Mutual. I'm 28, no accidents, no tickets, and I drive my police car 5-6 days a week. Hagerty and similar companies won't insure the GN since it's kept outside. I called Progressive, they said they'd insure for stated value, but if the NADA value was lower, they'd PAY off that. BS.

I looked through the previous threads on this, but failed to see someone with a non classic car company that has stated value. Considering my primary vehicle is not owned by me, it might throw a monkey wrench into the equation.

Thoughts?

I have country companies and my rates are good. Not exactly sure how much, there are 2 other cars on the policy but, I think it's around 600.00 a year. I have no stated value on the policy but NADA right now says our cars are worth approx 13,000 - 20,000

Try here to see for your self

http://www3.nadaguides.com/Values/V...akeId=1031&VehicleId=19922&Year=1987&ColorId=

not sure I see a good reason to have stated value considering ....

I have State Farm and have all my cars, house etc. insured with them. My 53k mile 1987 GN is insured under a stated value policy for $16,500 with a $250 comp and 500$ collision deductables. They insure the car for $142 every six months and usually require an updated written appraisal about every 24 months on all my specialty cars. I can't say how well they do if something happens to the car. But I'm happy with the rate that I'm getting. The only problem I have with them is that my premium went up $21 every six months this year. I had no tickets or accidents. I voiced my displeasure with my agent but there was little he ould do other than recommend that I shop around for a lower rate. I did some comparrison shopping and found that they were right in line or lower than most other major insurance companies.

Originally posted by WakkoSS
I'm looking around at insurance, as I'm paying $2400 a year with Liberty Mutual. I'm 28, no accidents, no tickets, and I drive my police car 5-6 days a week. Hagerty and similar companies won't insure the GN since it's kept outside. I called Progressive, they said they'd insure for stated value, but if the NADA value was lower, they'd PAY off that. BS.

I looked through the previous threads on this, but failed to see someone with a non classic car company that has stated value. Considering my primary vehicle is not owned by me, it might throw a monkey wrench into the equation.

Thoughts?

Back